Westworld (HBO)

I think Ford was making one of two things:
1. A host version of himself
2. A host version of one of those VIPs

If it was a version of himself, I'm not sure whether he made it to live on after he was killed, or if he made it for Dolores to kill so that real Ford could live on.

If it was a host version of one of the VIPs then they are clearly taking a page from the "Futureworld" idea.

I'm going with #1. I don't think Ford has figured out how to upload an actual living persons conscience into a machine. It's the machines which are independently becoming self aware. Transferring conscience seems beyond their capability so far.

untitled1.jpg

There's the money shot!

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

The scrap of paper Maeve had said "park 1" right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have missed something last night. When Bernard was resurrected, he went to the VIP event and was walking around. Did they show a scene where he ran into Ford?

Next thing I knew they were both talking with Delores. I was almost wondering for a second if Ford had made a second Bernard to replace the one he directed to suicide out in the previous episode.

Would make for a strange thing to have two Bernards running around.

-Gary

I must have missed something last night. When Bernard was resurrected, he went to the VIP event and was walking around. Did they show a scene where he ran into Ford?

Next thing I knew they were both talking with Delores. I was almost wondering for a second if Ford had made a second Bernard to replace the one he directed to suicide out in the previous episode.

Would make for a strange thing to have two Bernards running around.

-Gary

What if we are still looking at different timelines here

Oh man just finished the season finale. That was such an awesome way to end the show. Thats what I was thinking too, that Ford made a host of himself, the had the host killed, then he would have free reign to do whatever.

So, obviously Maeve is a wildcard, but what is the point of her story line so far? Was her escape a ploy by Ford so she will be out while all the chaos is going on, to have her come back as kind of a fail safe?

Oh man just finished the season finale. That was such an awesome way to end the show. Thats what I was thinking too, that Ford made a host of himself, the had the host killed, then he would have free reign to do whatever.

So, obviously Maeve is a wildcard, but what is the point of her story line so far? Was her escape a ploy by Ford so she will be out while all the chaos is going on, to have her come back as kind of a fail safe?

Maybe a distraction so he could continue his own machinations.

That was by far the best finale, ever. I suspect that was a Ford copy, and not the original. Truly epic ending.

Everything Explained in Westworld Finale Shock!

Okay, not everything but I gotta laugh at all the column inches wasted in the last ten weeks doubting the show runners had a clue what all this was leading to. Please, no more Lost references in S2..

Everything Explained in Westworld Finale Shock!

Okay, not everything but I gotta laugh at all the column inches wasted in the last ten weeks doubting the show runners had a clue what all this was leading to. Please, no more Lost references in S2..

Agreed. On both counts...not everything was answered...where's Ellie? What exactly was the malfunction after the park opened? Why are those lower levels all so dilapidated? However, most of the really important questions all wrapped up nicely.

It also showed that everything was expertly crafted by the writers and showrunners for the entire season. For the last ten weeks the LOST references were kind of out of control, and at times I found them to be a bit irritating. The way this finished up, though, I think should put completely to rest any ideas that the writers were just throwing mysteries at us with no real intent to give us their resolutions.

Hey guys, I just had to share this with you all...I joined the RPF Secret Santa gift exchange this year, and I got my gift tonight. I had listed Westworld as one of the things I am interested in, and my Secret Santa seriously did NOT disappoint!!! Here is the post from the SS thread, I copied it and pasted it. I wasn't sure how many of you guys end up checking that thread out or not, so if you don't you'll be able to see this awesome, awesome gift.

Alright, so when I was taking one of my dogs out around 11:00 PM I noticed a box on the front porch...it hadn't been there when I was out there at 9:00 PM, but I thought I heard a vehicle in the driveway while I was watching TV. My mail has been arriving really late on Mondays, but I had already gotten the mail...apparently this arrived in a second truck that was out doing deliveries. Weird.

Anyway, it was fairly large and had some heft to it!!!

BEC89D44-E547-4C7A-8DA3-2CE7BC8DA9D4_zpsafnvgft5.png

I opened it up carefully, and found a lot of bubble wrap. It was packaged really well. On the top looked like an envelope of some kind...

CDFB375E-FF2C-4C34-BAFB-AD2370B0EBDD_zps0bfc5hv5.png

After opening that envelope, I was pretty psyched to see this...a custom made document folder...from HBO's "Westworld."

BAD8BCE5-42EC-4C79-B8B2-2E86D2CB6279_zpsonjy3jxp.png

Along with the folder was a map of the park printed on really nice stock.

BB249870-6DCE-4096-B845-253FA9507AAE_zpsrgupes98.png

Upon opening the folder, I found basically all of the paperwork that one would need to fill out in order to actually visit the park...lots of documents, printed on nice paper and cardstock,, a photo that shows the levels of the control tower in the park, and what appears to be a nice large vinyl decal of the park logo.

573CD9A6-9DB6-4B2D-BBA6-448731F1DDBC_zps0eyi8oik.png

Very, very cool.

To be 100% honest, I'd have been simply ecstatic with this gift if this was all that there was...but obviously you don't need such a giant box to send the folder and the map of the park, so obviously there was more to be seen.

There was a wooden box...the finger prints on it are all mine, and they are easily seen because the stuff inside this shipping box was still so cold from the temperatures outside. It's really nicely finished, with the Westworld logo in the center of it.

2B1A30D0-5F6F-41E6-B2FE-CD1614254D96_zpswxqyeuz8.png

At first I thought that this was just a nice piece for me to be able to keep the other parts of the gift in, basically a very nice way to store the paper items that might be more easily damaged if just left out and about.

Again, if this gift had stopped here, I'd have been more than happy...I'd have been thrilled.

So I opened the box to see what the inside of this document storage box looked like, and I was left completely speechless. Like, literally...my wife just looked at me and said "What is it??"

ED2ABE0F-7124-46B4-AB9F-43B9A271586E_zpspfikoy5i.png

It's metal with wood, painted really well, and sits in that case with a custom fit. It's just...unbelievable.

At this point, I'm still just kind of in shock. This is...without a doubt...one of the most awesome collection of props that I have in my collection. I'm going to have to figure out a great way to display all of it. I'm thinking I'll get a frame for the map, then the folder will end up going into some kind of protective sleeve just to keep it nice and perfect, and the pistol will be displayed sitting in the case slightly tilted up with the box lid behind it.

I'm beyond thrilled at all of this...it's just amazing!!!!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just had to share this with you all...I joined the RPF Secret Santa gift exchange this year, and I got my gift tonight. I had listed Westworl as one of the things I am interested in, and my Secret Santa seriously did NOT disappoint!!! Here is the post from the SS thread, I copied it and pasted it. I wasn't sure how many of you guys end up checking that thread out or not, so if you don't you'll be able to see this awesome, awesome gift.

Alright, so when I was taking one of my dogs out around 11:00 PM I noticed a box on the front porch...it hadn't been there when I was out there at 9:00 PM, but I thought I heard a vehicle in the driveway while I was watching TV. My mail has been arriving really late on Mondays, but I had already gotten the mail...apparently this arrived in a second truck that was out doing deliveries. Weird.

Anyway, it was fairly large and had some heft to it!!!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/...4-E547-4C7A-8DA3-2CE7BC8DA9D4_zpsafnvgft5.jpg

I opened it up carefully, and found a lot of bubble wrap. It was packaged really well. On the top looked like an envelope of some kind...

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/...E-FF2C-4C34-BAFB-AD2370B0EBDD_zps0bfc5hv5.jpg

After opening that envelope, I was pretty psyched to see this...a custom made document folder...from HBO's "Westworld."

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/...5-42EC-4C79-B8B2-2E86D2CB6279_zpsonjy3jxp.jpg

Along with the folder was a map of the park printed on really nice stock.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/...0-6DCE-4096-B845-253FA9507AAE_zpsrgupes98.jpg

Upon opening the folder, I found basically all of the paperwork that one would need to fill out in order to actually visit the park...lots of documents, printed on nice paper and cardstock,, a photo that shows the levels of the control tower in the park, and what appears to be a nice large vinyl decal of the park logo.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/...6-9DB6-4B2D-BBA6-448731F1DDBC_zps0eyi8oik.jpg

Very, very cool.

To be 100% honest, I'd have been simply ecstatic with this gift if this was all that there was...but obviously you don't need such a giant box to send the folder and the map of the park, so obviously there was more to be seen.

There was a wooden box...the finger prints on it are all mine, and they are easily seen because the stuff inside this shipping box was still so cold from the temperatures outside. It's really nicely finished, with the Westworld logo in the center of it.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/...0-5F6F-41E6-B2FE-CD1614254D96_zpswxqyeuz8.jpg

At first I thought that this was just a nice piece for me to be able to keep the other parts of the gift in, basically a very nice way to store the paper items that might be more easily damaged if just left out and about.

Again, if this gift had stopped here, I'd have been more than happy...I'd have been thrilled.

So I opened the box to see what the inside of this document storage box looked like, and I was left completely speechless. Like, literally...my wife just looked at me and said "What is it??"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/...F-7124-46B4-AB9F-43B9A271586E_zpspfikoy5i.jpg

It's metal with wood, painted really well, and sits in that case with a custom fit. It's just...unbelievable.

At this point, I'm still just kind of in shock. This is...without a doubt...one of the most awesome collection of props that I have in my collection. I'm going to have to figure out a great way to display all of it. I'm thinking I'll get a frame for the map, then the folder will end up going into some kind of protective sleeve just to keep it nice and perfect, and the pistol will be displayed sitting in the case slightly tilted up with the box lid behind it.

I'm beyond thrilled at all of this...it's just amazing!!!!

Absolutely phenomenal!

Main question...what is the budget on the secret santa!?!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back