Westworld (HBO)

Go to discoverwestworld.com and press the shift key. :D

Capture.PNG

:cry

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but...

If Bernard could be a copy of Arnold, could it be that we're seeing a third timeline with the actual Arnold speaking with Delores?

The only problem I have with the "Bernard is a host version of what was once a living person" is Logan's statement in one of the episodes to William that his people couldn't even find a picture of Ford's partner (Arnold).

One would think that if Arnold were some amazing and visionary AI programmer, there would be SOME information for a team of lawyers/investigators to find.

I do, however, believe that Bernard is a host version of Arnold...however, I feel that he is a host of what was an AI program. I noticed that when Theresa found those schematics for hosts, and saw the one for Bernard, the angle was shot in a way that cut off the name at the bottom of the drawing. Could it be that the drawing actually said Arnold, and Bernard literally IS Arnold, only given a different name?

I hope what im saying makes sense...basically, my feeling it that Arnold was just an AI, and he was put into Jeffrey Wright's "host." Arnold then died (killed by Ford? killed itself?) and Ford used that same host design to put a NEW personality in, and this is how we have Bernard.

yea thats basically the theory I've decided on. the crazy thing is that post is from before the most recent episode that revealed Bernard as a host. dude called that one at least

Soooo...

...clearly Ford wasn't 3D printing a Theresa-bot, which means who IS he printing a bot of??

I'm starting to wonder if Maeve is going to eventually have a showdown with MiB? Is she the adversary he's been looking for?

Did Ford instruct Bernard to kill Elsie??? Or was that Arnold's doing?? Or something entirely different??

Did Stubbs kind of stumble onto the idea that maybe Bernard isn't exactly who/what he thought??

I got the idea that MiB made reference to the "other" Delis parks, like Futureworld, when Teddy told him he acts like he owns this world and he responded with "Not just this one."

I thought it was cool to see the host that originally welcomed William to the park, and it was another clue that MiB and William might be the same person based on the way MiB recognized her.

To that end...I didn't see that coming at the end.

Awesome episode.

Soooo...

...clearly Ford wasn't 3D printing a Theresa-bot, which means who IS he printing a bot of??
Possibly Elsie? Did look like a smaller frame. I'd wager she is still alive. Maybe Ford plans to download her memory into the new host body so he can control her.

I'm starting to wonder if Maeve is going to eventually have a showdown with MiB? Is she the adversary he's been looking for?
Ah yes. The Queen of Hearts.

Did Ford instruct Bernard to kill Elsie??? Or was that Arnold's doing?? Or something entirely different??
Interesting idea if Arnold had anything to do with that. I automatically assumed it was on Ford's order.

Did Stubbs kind of stumble onto the idea that maybe Bernard isn't exactly who/what he thought??
Possibly, but could be that he just took that as Bernard not wanting to admit the relationship existed. A very human thing to do.

I got the idea that MiB made reference to the "other" Delis parks, like Futureworld, when Teddy told him he acts like he owns this world and he responded with "Not just this one."
He referred to himself as a "Titan of Industry". I took this to mean that he was also referring to his power in the real world as the owner of Delos.

I thought it was cool to see the host that originally welcomed William to the park, and it was another clue that MiB and William might be the same person based on the way MiB recognized her.
Totally! Don't waste a pretty face.

Something I found odd. Elsie was on the phone with Bernard shortly before she was attacked . . . by Bernard. Considering the way the show plays with time this isn't all that strong of a point, but was there really time for Bernard to get from where he was, out into the park and then sneak up on her? It just seemed off to me when I went back and rewatched the episode.

Something I found odd. Elsie was on the phone with Bernard shortly before she was attacked . . . by Bernard. Considering the way the show plays with time this isn't all that strong of a point, but was there really time for Bernard to get from where he was, out into the park and then sneak up on her? It just seemed off to me when I went back and rewatched the episode.

I just went back and watched that part. There is a cut after they are on the phone, then another scene, then Elsie looking at the tablet when she hears the sound. As she starts to investigate she actually says "Bernard?" She then says "Arnold?" right before she is grabbed.

I think the fact that that she thought it possible that it was Bernard means that the time between her talking to him and her getting grabbed lines up.

After i read your post i couldn't remember if we had seen her hang up then get grabbed in the same scene, so I had to go check!!

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

Yeah, seems like there was enough time. But why would he grab her? His flashback made it seem like he straight up killed her. Maybe he was upset at her Theresa comment? I mean, it did not seem that Ford put him up to it. Strange...

I don't know why, but I'm just not buying the Dolores is Wyatt theory.

From what we know, Wyatt is a storyline in the "now" timeframe, with MiB. Dolores had the flashback/vision of herself with all the dead bodies/holding the gun to her head while she was in the "30 years ago" timeline, with William.

Basically, how would she "remember" Wyatt in a flashback 30 years ago when Wyatt won't even be thought of for another 30 years?

I don't know why, but I'm just not buying the Dolores is Wyatt theory.

From what we know, Wyatt is a storyline in the "now" timeframe, with MiB. Dolores had the flashback/vision of herself with all the dead bodies/holding the gun to her head while she was in the "30 years ago" timeline, with William.

Basically, how would she "remember" Wyatt in a flashback 30 years ago when Wyatt won't even be thought of for another 30 years?

If this theory is correct, then the name "Wyatt" is irrelevant to Dolores. Ford came up with that in the "present", perhaps as a way to explain or line up what she did in the past.

I personally think it's something different but could very well be related. We know Arnold build Dolores and she's one of the first and oldest non-humans. She's having problems with the whole past/present memories. I do feel that William is MIB, and if not, the producers have kept his identity secret for some unknown reason. Teddy sees Wyatt in his memories, but that seems to be the storyline that Ford put in him. So who knows for sure!

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

Absolutely amazing episode!
You're right the delivery was beautiful and literally gave me chills.

Soooooo many details and clues to further secrets as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back