Westworld (HBO)

Absolutely phenomenal!

Main question...what is the budget on the secret santa!?!

$20...so obviously my Santa went way above and beyond the call of duty.

It seems that a lot of people go over budget. I know I did, and clearly my Santa did as well!!!

I'm going to spend some time tomorrow trying to figure out how I want to display these items...gonna be fun!

Wow!!! That's neat.

The finale was amazing.

Predictions for S2?
- William will return and get to play the game he has been wanting (after running away from that crowd that comes out of the wood line that shot him in the arm)
- Maive searches for her daughter
- Ford is reborn as a host
- Logan is still alive. Maybe working for a rival corporation or as an old hermit in a cave in the park.
- Bernard is Adam to Dolores' Eva and together they will live in the world created her first sin

Last edited:
Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

I think Ford made a double and that was what got shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not inclined to think that. He was regretful and hateful at the end. His actions throughout this season have built towards a mysterious purpose, which seemed nefarious in regards to the hosts. In fact it was him trying to make up for his mistake, and atone somewhat for not believing Arnold originally - he now understands that true sentience has been achieved - and more than that - he understands the hosts perhaps even better than Arnold did, he has attempted to make sure that the hosts are well equipped and motivated to beat us - the putrid, basic, shallow humans that Ford so despises.

I do think he is truly dead.

Now it would of course be good if he did have a host of himself, that might allow us more of Hopkins phenomenal acting in further seasons. But I think it would be a cheat and I'd dislike it if Ford wasn't actually dead.

Ford is completely dead. It's been verified by Nolan. He won't be back, unless for a flashback or two.

Besides it would take away from the whole message if he "replicated" himself. He went out with a BANG! Smashed all his toys and went home.

As one of the show runners stated: Season 1 was defined by absolute control. Season 2 will be defined by absolute chaos.

Maybe a distraction so he could continue his own machinations.

Yeah but nobody knew about it. I wonder if he was testing it, to see if they can truly become sentient, so he could upload his conciousness into the host body he was making, rendering him immortal. Then again, based on his character, do you think he wants to be immortal? I need to rewatch the whole series. I never saw the original movie either so I dont know how similar the tv show is to the original.

Last edited:
Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

I'm not inclined to think that. He was regretful and hateful at the end. His actions throughout this season have built towards a mysterious purpose, which seemed nefarious in regards to the hosts. In fact it was him trying to make up for his mistake, and atone somewhat for not believing Arnold originally - he now understands that true sentience has been achieved - and more than that - he understands the hosts perhaps even better than Arnold did, he has attempted to make sure that the hosts are well equipped and motivated to beat us - the putrid, basic, shallow humans that Ford so despises.

I do think he is truly dead.

Now it would of course be good if he did have a host of himself, that might allow us more of Hopkins phenomenal acting in further seasons. But I think it would be a cheat and I'd dislike it if Ford wasn't actually dead.

Good point. Arnold saw that the park would be used for nothing more than "violent delights". Humans pretty much regressing to domesticated savages. Obviously his foreshadowing was part of his long game and was coded into them but suppressed by Ford. After watching that for 35 years I can see how Ford would have a bad taste in his mouth for humanity in general. Of course... it's kind of counter-intuitive when you create a race of sentient robots that show they're superior to humans by doing the same thing the humans have been doing all along.... murder.

I'm curious how much of the other parks they'll show in the next season. If SW was just a tease or if there will be hosts in all of the parks that will be waking up like Dolores.

- Is the entire facility and ALL of the parks locked down, or just Westworld?
- Did Ford only have control over the coding of the hosts in Westworld or all of the parks?
- I picture the next season starting out like The Walking Dead... a group of humans having been on the run from hosts for some time, just trying to survive in the "new narrative".
Or maybe they get the park under control but market Westworld as the ultimate survival experience... the one park owned by Delos where you can actually die. Maybe it'll be a front for the fact that they have actually lost all control of that park and the hosts are running free, continuing to grow into their sentience.

Nolan said in the EW.com interview that Ford is very involved in the other parks, as well...so I'm guessing Ford has some semblance of control over those parks as well.

The more I think about it, the more I hope that Ford is in fact just dead...a series like this can really play on the idea that "Dead is NOT Dead." So for them to actually kill him off would be a really grand way to finish his character's arc...of course, they could have Hopkins back in flashbacks and such, but I hope that in the "present" that Ford is actually dead, and he won't be replaced by just a robot Ford.

I want to go back and watch the whole season at once to see if there are suggestions to what Ford's endgame was all along...or if it really was just a completely unexpected twist. I go back to the last episode when he made Bernard kill himself, and said "You should never trust us, we are only human." Knowing what we know now, that clearly was a warning of sorts to Bernard to not trust ANY humans, even the ones he thought would never hurt him. So I'm wondering if there were more things like that.

I kind of got a vibe of the last episode of the prisoner from this one.

Although nothing particularly surprised me, apart from red p90s, that was a weird choice, they just looked like airsoft.

The fact that Maive's awakening was all scripted was unexpected and a little disappointing. It left me wondering at the end if her leaving the train was a choice or another part of her program. Did Arnold plan for her to leave that far back? Or was it Ford that did it because he wanted them to escape their "prison".

I think if they bring back Ford it'll be one of those end of season reveals to segue into S3. I Kind of agree though.... I think it has more emotion impact for him to pretty much sacrifice himself for his creations the same way a parent would for their child (Maive connection?). He saw that the sentient hosts were literally in a living hell, repeating pretty much the same horrors for decades at the hand of humans. This was his chance to return the favor.

Part of why I did want to see Maive escape is I'm really curious what the outside world is like. Is it supposed to be a version of our present? Is it way in the future? Is it a dystopian world?

For someone like Ford, who has theoretically not left the park in over 35 years, did he choose this because the park visitors are just a sample of how horrible the outside world is, or is everyone in the outside repressed and the park is the only place they can cut loose?

I think Maeve's going back into the park was her own decision...kind of like the final "test" that she had to see if she truly had free will or not. Of course, it's entirely possible that was part of her new narrative, and she was always going to go back into the park...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

As for WHEN the show is set, on the DelosIncorporated site there's a way to get to a few series of security camera videos to play, and one of them shows a date of 6/1/2052.

The footage is showing things that we saw in the finale, so it's probably meant to be the "present" in the show's universe...so I think it's safe to say that it's set in 2052.

I must be one of the only people that isn't truly that interested in WHERE Westworld is or what the world around it is like. I guess to me none of that really matters...humans in general are terrible creatures that are selfish, destructive, and violent...whether that's in the western United States in the 1800s or on the moon in 2052 doesn't really change much of that to me. I know it's been one of the things that a lot of people have really been focused on, but I guess I don't see how the location of the park or what the outside world is like has any impact on the story that we were being told.

Don't get me wrong...I'd like to know everything there is to know about the series, but to me the where/when of the park isn't really one of the main mysteries that I feel a need to know an answer to. I guess to me, the where of "somewhere," and the when of "in the future" are good enough answers for those questions.

I must be one of the only people that isn't truly that interested in WHERE Westworld is or what the world around it is like. I guess to me none of that really matters...humans in general are terrible creatures that are selfish, destructive, and violent...whether that's in the western United States in the 1800s or on the moon in 2052 doesn't really change much of that to me. I know it's been one of the things that a lot of people have really been focused on, but I guess I don't see how the location of the park or what the outside world is like has any impact on the story that we were being told.

Don't get me wrong...I'd like to know everything there is to know about the series, but to me the where/when of the park isn't really one of the main mysteries that I feel a need to know an answer to. I guess to me, the where of "somewhere," and the when of "in the future" are good enough answers for those questions.

I think it would answer a lot of questions about the connective tissue of the show.
How these people behave in the park is probably more jus humans being humans. I'm just curious, for what it costs to be a guest, what the economy is like for people to be able to afford something like that. MiB/William and his time in the park was explained... he's the owner, he can stay as long as he wants I guess.

I'd also like to know, since obviously this technology is what it is, are there artificial humans being used anywhere outside the park(s)? I feel like if they were, it would diminish the value of the park and the experience. Plus, they seem to have a lot of safeguards in place to keep their intellectual property from getting out of the park. As such, it seems crazy to have such an incredible advancement used solely for commercial recreation when the "real world" applications could easily be just as profitable. However, like anything else that is sold as a consumer product, once it's in the hands of everyone in the world, anyone can break it down, reverse engineer it, and sell their own version of it, so it looses its value to the one that created it. Imagine if the person that invented the automobile only allowed it to be used as an amusement park ride.

It also begs the question... the people that have worked for the park and left have knowledge of the hosts' internal workings. Get enough techs together from different departments and a rival corporation could probably piece together a lot of the information they would need to create their own robots.

As far as the "real world" in general... one of the hosts is told they would be hated in the outside world. How would anyone know whether they were real or not? Or is the outside world just filled with people that just hate one another for no good reason, hence them going to the park to purge their hate.

ETA:
Read on another forum what Maive's code said. One word in particular stuck out.

Escape narrative.jpg

"MAINLAND". That implies that the park may be on an island.

Last edited:
I had read the thing about MAINLAND last night...certainly does seem like the park is on an island, and that would actually kind of go with the look of the 3D holographic map that we see in the control room as well.

The film was a Crichton work...so I'm going to go ahead and say that the island it takes place on just HAS to be Isla Nublar. :lol

I had read the thing about MAINLAND last night...certainly does seem like the park is on an island, and that would actually kind of go with the look of the 3D holographic map that we see in the control room as well.

The film was a Crichton work...so I'm going to go ahead and say that the island it takes place on just HAS to be Isla Nublar. :lol

So does that means there could be a Prehistoric World or Dinosaur World?
How about Viking World?

If anyone is interested in something like this its you guys! putting together a 3d printable model of the pigs in clover maze toy. I may release the model or even run kits (if theres enough interest) heavy work in progress pictured

View attachment 688777

There's a couple of good examples on Thingiverse right now...if you can figure out how to get the cover with it's art...then I'd buy one in an instant!!!!

As for WHEN the show is set, on the DelosIncorporated site there's a way to get to a few series of security camera videos to play, and one of them shows a date of 6/1/2052.
The footage is showing things that we saw in the finale, so it's probably meant to be the "present" in the show's universe...so I think it's safe to say that it's set in 2052.

Maybe it's the computer I try to view it on but the Delos site is all wonky and I can't navigate anything on it.
Can you screen cap it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back