Bubbles in Prosaide 3D Transfers

mvaefx

Hey rpf folks!I want to know if the air bubbles produced during the fabrication of prosaide transfers is a result of the drying process with use of a dehydrator, or when mixing in pigment? I've read somewhere that cheap dehydrators run too hot which produces the air bubbles. Has anyone rigged a thermostat to said dehydrators? Has anyone used a vacuum chamber for prosaide when mixing pigment? Thanks.Mark.MVAEFX DSC00010.JPGDSC00011.JPGDSC00012.JPGDSC00013.JPGDSC00014.JPGDSC00015.JPG

I always got air bubbles when I tried doing some pros-aide transfers. I found a useful technique was to put your pros-aide in a mixing bowl, and mix it until it thickens up from water evaporation. After that you slop it into your mold, cover it with transfer paper and throw it in the freezer.

You can also get a cheap little brush or an air compressor and really get the pros aide into those tight spots, or if you are just mixing cab-o-sil to the pros-aide, it may have a lot of clumps in it and I recommend whipping the pros-aide. For best whipped pros-aide, set on the lowest setting and let it mix for the whole day, that's what MEL Products does when making theirs.

That sure looks like clumpy unmixed pigment. How long do you let a mix for? As jackfx said, let it mixe for many hours. I do a minimum 6-8 hours and never have a problem

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back