X-Men Apocalypse - Quicksilver Research & Build Thread [SPOILERS]

I thought I'd also share my early progress on the watch cuff that I've been working on.

I started by buying a black, 2 inch wide belt blank on eBay for about $15 (it was about $40 at Tandy), a package of 100 antique nickel finish eyelets, a smaller strip of black leather for the watch straps, a couple of small buckles - also for the watch straps, and a large two prong silver buckle for the closure, as seen in the screen shots.

I cut the leather to the appropriate length, leaving a generous allowance for the buckle closure to be cut out, and then I bought a piece of 1/8 inch black foam that I am using to create a hole punching template for the eyelets. They'll be approximately 18mm between the centers of the eyelet openings, and about 7mm from the edges.

Here are a few pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Any suggestions on what to use to make the holes? What did you use? where's a good place to find eyelets use? What kind of tool are you using to fasten them together and put them in place?

Any suggestions on what to use to make the holes? What did you use? where's a good place to find eyelets use? What kind of tool are you using to fasten them together and put them in place?

Okay, to make the holes, I am going to use a leather punch. I bought a set at Hobby Lobby for about $5.00. You'll be able to see it in the photos I post shortly.

I bought a package of 100 antique nickel finish eyelets at Tandy Leather.

The tool to set the eyelets was also purchased at Tandy Leather.

Each of these items is captured in photos that I took while,doing some work tonight, and will share here shortly.

Pictures!

IMG_0556.JPG
Left to Right: Leather punch set, Eyelet setting tool, Eyelets, work in progress.

IMG_0557.JPG
Eyelets, Leather punch.

IMG_0560.JPGIMG_0558.JPG
Left, leather with hole locations marked using the foam template.

Right, foam template with eyelets sitting in the holes.

Howdy everyone,

I am also making Quicksilver`s costume (almost done). Unfortunately I am joining this thread late, though I did figure out that the Walkman he used is the wm-f5 version with a star insted of the one with out it just incase you guys wanted to know, also how much did you guys pay for the Walkmans on ebay?

You're absolutely right. Good catch! I didn't even notice there was a difference! Luckily, I happened to pick up the same one! I bought mine recently from someone selling about 6 different cassette players for 50 bucks. I want to say that's a deal, because i remember seeing it sell alone for about 30. And it might have just been the one without the star decal on it.

hey dark CMF, I was wonderif you could post a link to leather cuff watch you found that was $190 on esty for refrence pics?

I did figure out that the Walkman he used is the wm-f5 version with a star insted of the one with out it just incase you guys wanted to know
Oh, how did you figure that out? I saw a glimpse of it on the trailer and thought it's the other one :( Haven't seen a good photo of the one they used.

hey dark CMF, I was wonderif you could post a link to leather cuff watch you found that was $190 on esty for refrence pics?

I will look again and see if I can find it. I didn't save it when I saw it.

As for the Walkman, there are multiple versions that have a star on them.
IMG_0576.JPG

Last edited:
Okay, yeah. That is the one that I have been planning to use, based on what I've seen so far.

I was briefly concerned that this might have turned out to be one of those situations where they'd used more than one version of the prop. LoL

Okay, yeah. That is the one that I have been planning to use, based on what I've seen so far.

I was briefly concerned that this might have turned out to be one of those situations where they'd used more than one version of the prop. LoL

Which wig did you decide on using? The one i bought came in last Friday, it was too small for my head (as i feared). The sides/back weren't long enough too, i wasn't happy with the look =(

Happy Halloween everyone!

I have the wig that I posted the link for, from Dresslily.com. The color is good, the shape is good, it could be a little thinner/less bulky, and a little longer in the back in particular. It I said possible that with some TLC, it could be thinned out a bit I suppose. I don't know that much about caring for wigs yet. This is the first one I've ever owned. LoL

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back