Rogue One Rebel Starfighter design and build, studio scale !!

Flyscriber

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
HI everyone.
I'm having some fun getting a studio scale Rogue One star fighter into 3D.
I'm hoping it will be accepted as studio scale, as it should measure about 30 inches when done. I realise it has never existed in the flesh, but this is my "what if model"
I started with the already existing images and loaded them into Rhino.3d program. I work in rhino all the time in my main job, but stayed away from the computer for a while doing a few repair and repaints of clients models, but as there's no way to model this new craft freehand, without a load of messing up and wasting materials. So its going into the computer.
So I've traced the main outline from the current available images, matched the front and rear elevations for sizing, and also adjusted what I've got to match the action image which looks to be from the movie! maybe.

Ill be doing more over the next few weeks before building the armature and cladding in some plasticard skins.
Wing will be adjustable, as I hope they will be moveable, but it doesn't matter if there not as I can keep them in any position.

We shall see what happens on this one
View attachment 630311View attachment 630312View attachment 630313
so here are my first attempts at getting the shape into some kind of order, there are many facets to add to these surfaces yet, but this gives an overall impression to the form.

View attachment 630314View attachment 630315View attachment 630316

- - - Updated - - -

images again for some reason they messed up
CitdOH-UgAAk-hG.jpgap starfighter 2.jpg

I believe that is a troop transport and not a fighter. I know there are articles saying its a fighter, but the blueprints tell the truth. But it would be a cool project nonetheless. Good luck.

TazMan2000

Well it looks like the SS police moved this thread, sigh, that's too bad. Especially since most of the the tools and techniques likely to be used on it are more applicable to the Studio Scale forum than the General Modeling forum. Oh well. Keep up the good work!

Yes I thought it would be moved over dave g. No worries there. Ill keep updating as I go on this thingy. Cant wait to get it into reality.

Would that mean you need 4 Saturn 1B for the engines? Or just two lix the T-65 and theSealab parts.
I wonder what they have used as references to design them.

I know the U-Wing has gotten some crap from certain parties, but I for one think it's a nifty ship. I look ward to seeing how you go about this project.

--Alex

IM not sure what to use as engines just yet. I was thinking of turning them in aluminium as they will be attached to the wing swivel position, and I really wanted something strong and bullet proof on there. I don't think they are the same as the Saturn 5 cans, but I do need to check those again for detailing just in case. I would imagine they are designed specifically for this model/ cg version.
Also I need to work out how large I want this to be, which should scale some of he parts for me when I get to that stage.
I know the U wing response from some was a little bad, but hey, you cant please all the folk all the time, and I'm only making it for myself at this point, so !!! whatever.
Ill crack on slowly regardless. Cheers folks...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back