Is anyone doing CBS/CW Supergirl?

Maryfoxfirebird

I'm really surprised that that there's not more Supergirl builds on here. Is anybody making this suit? I've tried to get it commissioned on here, with no reply. Any other fans here?

I love that show. I'm sad to see there isn't anyone working on the costume too. I don't no why nobody is working on it. I hope you find someone to help you, it's a great costume.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg So I found a seamstress in Denver to make the suit . I found these fabrics and wanted to see if the experts on here had any other suggestions.

I'm with you, hard to believe someone did not jump on this suit right away. I talked to Eurojersey and got fabric samples and I have it narrowed down to what type to use, but right now they don't make a blue in the fabric type that's needed. Apparently their colors change with the season the way I understand it. At any rate I'm hoping to get some down the road and then get some printed to match the show. It's a gorgeous suit, but that beauty is in all the small details.

Oooh posted it once you've finished it. I looked into eurojersey it's very popular among costume designers, may use them in future projects. My biggest question is how to make the "s" shield.

I'd imagine the suit just like alot of them these days is screen printed. The reflective fabric of the blue is not an off the shelf fabric.
If you have the budget contact a company that screen prints and get them to do the fabric.
Alternatively if you don't I'd suggest using of the shelf (like you have in pics above) then getting someone to do the emblem in urethane which you can glue on when it's done.

Sent From The Batcave

I'm not really worried about the fabric as much as the S. I've found a guy who makes S's out of urethane but I can't get a reply from him. The others are layered leather/pleather. What sucks is my first seamstress cancelled last minute and left with little or no time to finish by Denver Comic con. The time crunch is real.

I'm not doing a Supergirl build, but I AM going to do a Superboy build based on the CBS Supergirl look+his early 2000s outfit! I actually found a super high-quality photo of the outfit that shows the printed textures of the fabric in detail. So instead of finding stretch fabrics that match I'm gonna commision a dyesub patterner (possibly Gun Head Studios) to design fabric textured like hers and get a couple yards printed of it. It'll be expensive, but I love that show and Superboy so much it'll be worth it :)

I'm not doing a Supergirl build, but I AM going to do a Superboy build based on the CBS Supergirl look+his early 2000s outfit! I actually found a super high-quality photo of the outfit that shows the printed textures of the fabric in detail. So instead of finding stretch fabrics that match I'm gonna commision a dyesub patterner (possibly Gun Head Studios) to design fabric textured like hers and get a couple yards printed of it. It'll be expensive, but I love that show and Superboy so much it'll be worth it :)
nice I can't wait to see it. Your builds are awesome.

If you're thinking of going the dye-sub fabric route, I'd be happy to help you out. I'm better known as Frontier Costuming and have worked on a number of replica female costumes using the dye-sub method. :)

I'm not really worried about the fabric as much as the S. I've found a guy who makes S's out of urethane but I can't get a reply from him. The others are layered leather/pleather. What sucks is my first seamstress cancelled last minute and left with little or no time to finish by Denver Comic con. The time crunch is real.
How steady are your hands? You could buy a thin sheet of dark read urethane and a yellow. Then draw the pattern and cut it out :)

Sent From The Batcave

If you're thinking of going the dye-sub fabric route, I'd be happy to help you out. I'm better known as Frontier Costuming and have worked on a number of replica female costumes using the dye-sub method. :)
. How much roughly would that cost? Saving up for New Zealand and cutting back on cosplaying.

- - - Updated - - -

How steady are your hands? You could buy a thin sheet of dark read urethane and a yellow. Then draw the pattern and cut it out :)

Sent From The Batcave
. I'll look into that. Thanks for the idea.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg Update: due to forces beyond our control I wasn't able to wear this at Denver comic con but it's finished and I'm excited to wear it. Pictures and sewing done by Something Versatile of Aurora Colorado.

It looks good. You need to take pictures of it on. I'm really glad to see someone doing this costume!! I love that show!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back