My non-Star Wars props & projects: 21 August 2020 - Hoverboard new magnets.

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 11 October - Blade Runner PKD

wow Awesome build log, loving the Blade runner stuff and the passports, the knife is pretty creapy but awesome. Man that Blade runner gun is fantastic look forward to seeing more.

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 81 October - Blade Runner gun and Kandarian Dagger

Thanks. I've re-done most of the dagger three times now! Just not happy each time or manage to ID/spot another bone...

I'm now mixing PVA with the Celluclay and water as it was really hard to work with - parts kept falling off.

Originally had the two long Visible man bones cut short so added the other parts back on and blended with a little Celluclay to hide the seams. The rest was done and I was happy with it... for a while.
kandagger34.jpg

Realised I had the left side completely wrong so re-did it with the correct parts.
kandagger35.jpg

Was also missing a short forearm piece on this side.
kandagger36.jpg

Unfortunately, by the time I squeezed all the required bones in, it was too fat!
kandagger37.jpg

Stripped it down again and re-did it thinner. Changed the back again.
kandagger38.jpg

Also realised its impossible to match all the screenshots as it keeps changing - parts fall off or get moved around. The hands/feet don't match here but do in other scenes.
I'm starting to think the spine part on top is shaped completely wrong but it would mean buying a fourth kit to fix it.
kandagger39.jpg

kandagger40.jpg

kandagger41.jpg

Last edited:
My non-Star Wars props & projects: 22 October - Blade Runner gun and Kandarian Da

I couldn't get an even darkened receiver so I polished the Steyr and Bulldog parts back to shiny silver.

deckblaster19.jpg

deckblaster20.jpg

Is this the correct wire configuration for screen used? One pair inside and one outside (with electrical tape over it)?
deckblaster21.jpg

deckblaster22.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 81 October - Blade Runner gun and Kandarian Da

Dagger is looking awesome. Definitely something that's really hard to get right with the limited reference images.

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 22 October - Blade Runner gun and Kandarian Dagger

This picture is of the Evil Dead 1 dagger, you can tell from the real bones and contrasting model kit parts. Definitely teeth are used.
kandagger46.jpg

I bought some prop teeth but they turned out to be only 3/4 so I used milliput to complete them.
kandagger42.jpg

kandagger43.jpg

Still need to add a light yellowish wash to give them the right color.
kandagger44.jpg

kandagger45.jpg

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 22 October - Blade Runner gun and Kandarian Dagger

Polished the grips to a clear gloss finish.

Unpolished - a bit hazy.
deckblaster23.jpg

Polished - Bulldog grip frame clearly visible.
deckblaster24.jpg

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 30 October - Blade Runner gun side cover mods

I used automotive resin polish to add the white residue to the grips.
deckblaster25.jpg

Added the missing slot in the left side cover so I could run one pair of wires on the outside and one pair on the inside.
deckblaster26.jpg

Also had to add a slot here or there was no way to run the top pair of wires in the right direction.
deckblaster27.jpg

deckblaster28.jpg

deckblaster29.jpg

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 11 Nov - Deckard's gun complete

Finally complete. It was a bit of a nightmare to assemble because it's made of parts from three different models (includes both Coyle and Sidkit) which were never meant to be compatible. The receiver repair cracked during assembly but fortunately is in an inconspicuous place.

deckblaster30.jpg

deckblaster31.jpg

deckblaster32.jpg

deckblaster34.jpg

deckblaster33.jpg

deckblaster36.jpg

deckblaster35.jpg

deckblaster37.jpg

deckblaster39.jpg

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 11 Nov - Deckard's gun complete

Finally complete. It was a bit of a nightmare to assemble because it's made of parts from three different models (includes both Coyle and Sidkit) which were never meant to be compatible. The receiver repair cracked during assembly but fortunately is in an inconspicuous place.

What an absolutely stunning build. Possibly the best Coyle based blaster I have ever seen.
Congratulations

High regards

MARK

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 11 Nov - Deckard's gun complete

You did a man's job, sir! Great work on the Blade Runner blaster.

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 11 Nov - Both Kandarian Daggers complete

Thanks guys. Mark, your build happens to be my favorite as well - your attention to detail is impressive.

I also finished my original version of the Kandarian Dagger. Re-did it with real human teeth! :D Now it is all authentic parts.
kandagger46.jpg

kandagger47.jpg

kandagger48.jpg

kandagger49.jpg

kandagger50.jpg

kandagger51.jpg

kandagger52.jpg

kandagger53.jpg

Pictured with my LeMarchand sequel version.
kandagger54.jpg

kandagger55.jpg

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 11 Nov - Both Kandarian Daggers complete

Looks fantastic! Where did you get the real teeth from in the end? One day I'll get round to moving this off of my waiting pile and onto the workbench...

That PKD is jaw dropping. Do you remember which parts are from which kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Mark - Stunning!!! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the daggers would love those myself :)

Thanks guys.

The Bulldog receiver, rear trigger and hammer etc are Sidkit, barrel and post are machined steel (Mspaw's?), the rest is Coyle as far as I remember.

I tried using real Bulldog grip screws but it didn't work out so I had to cheat.

- - - Updated - - -

The teeth came from eBay in the end. Real teeth are normally a rare find on ebay.

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 19 Nov - Nostromo Kids' pistol finished.

Finished the Nostromo Kids' pistol. Mostly original found parts. I did some weathering but didn't want it to look quite as rough as the original. There's hardly any of the text left on the original I based mine on (Propstore), so I copied the worn text from a different version (Yourprops) using rub down transfers.
kidnostromo12.jpg

kidnostromo13.jpg

kidnostromo14.jpg

Pictured with it's bigger brother.
kidnostromo15.jpg

kidnostromo16.jpg

Noticed I had too much olive drab on the scope's rear bell so I wiped some off.
kidnostromo17.jpg

Screen used:
kidnostromo18.jpg

Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 19 Nov - Nostromo Kids' pistol finished.

Very original and unusual prop...love it buddy, well done as always!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back