My non-Star Wars props & projects: 21 August 2020 - Hoverboard new magnets.

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 19 Nov - Nostromo Kids pistol and Firefly foodbars

Thanks Markus.

And another one of those things that had been on the back burner for too many years I finally got round to finishing, Firefly foodbars cast off an original. Copper foil is a bit thick but it was all I could find.
foodbars1.jpg

foodbars2.jpg

foodbars3.jpg

My non-Star Wars props & projects: 3 Jan - BTTF, National Treasure, Bond, The Matrix

Got a few things done over the holidays! National Treasure ocular device...

Rather than re-shape the frames this time (didn't go too well last time) I decided to use the frames from these:
gl-781unp.JPG

and the arms from these:
GL-791.jpg

A bit of modification was required.

ocular1_1.jpg

ocular2_1.jpg

ocular3_1.jpg

ocular4.jpg

ocular5.jpg

I've been working on Bond's wallet on and off for a few years now.
bondwallet1.jpg

bondwallet2.jpg

Original:
bondwallet3.jpg

More Matrix Agent Bug work. Narrower brass tube...
matrixbugs2.jpg

matrixbugs3.jpg

There will be a case eventually.
matrixbugs4.jpg

... and I'll get that damn LED working somehow!
matrixbugs5.jpg

And a couple of additions to my BTTF collection. Simple purchases, no hard work required :)
bttflamp.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My non-Star Wars props & projects: 3 Jan - BTTF, National Treasure, Bond, The Ma

Love the new adds KB. Do you happen to have any extra of the pen tops for the big build? Can't find them anywhere.

Non-Star Wars props&projects: 3 Jan- BTTF, National Treasure, Bond, Matrix, Serenity

You haven't a hope in hell of finding the correct pen tops! I couldn't even find them in 2006. Loooooong out of production even by then. The ones I used are way off but with a lot of work (reshaping, filling, cutting, boring out, chrome plating) come close, even if too big.

Another job done. Alliance pistol from Serenity. Most metal work by Sidewinder. I went with silver grip emblems instead of gold because that's what they looked like to me.
alliance1.jpg

alliance2.jpg

alliance3.jpg

Long time no see! Here are a few recently finished projects. I had help from Emma with the BTTF Cadillac - thanks Emma, much appreciated. The pencil and key are simply hot-glued on. No holes drilled.

bttfprops6.jpg

bttfprops7.jpg

Screen accurate Evil Dead necklace. I made both the original and re-shoot versions of the box (one graphic by me, the other by Rob at http://www.bookofthedead.ws).
ednecklace1.jpg

ednecklace2.jpg

ednecklace3.jpg

Korben Dallas' phone from The Fifth Element now with light and sound.
korben%20phone3.jpg

korben%20phone2.jpg

korben%20phone1.jpg

Video:

Attachments

• bttfprops6.jpg
    bttfprops6.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 121
  • ednecklace1.jpg
    ednecklace1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 132
  • bttfprops7.jpg
    bttfprops7.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 115
  • bttfprops6.jpg
    bttfprops6.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 111
  • bttfprops7.jpg
    bttfprops7.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 118
  • ednecklace2.jpg
    ednecklace2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 115
  • ednecklace2.jpg
    ednecklace2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 104
  • ednecklace3.jpg
    ednecklace3.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 119
  • ednecklace3.jpg
    ednecklace3.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 109
  • ednecklace1.jpg
    ednecklace1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 110
  • korben%20phone2.jpg
    korben%20phone2.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 113
  • korben%20phone2.jpg
    korben%20phone2.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 104
  • korben%20phone3.jpg
    korben%20phone3.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 122
  • korben%20phone3.jpg
    korben%20phone3.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 118
  • korben%20phone1.jpg
    korben%20phone1.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 116
  • korben%20phone1.jpg
    korben%20phone1.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, did you make or source the evil dead boxes? I've looked everywhere for that necklace, I will find one someday lol I only have a 3D printed one at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a jewellery box that was about the right size and color. PM me your address and I'll send you my spare one.

Propmaniac, I have less talent than you think... A lot of the time I just "fudge it"! :p

Excellent, did you make or source the evil dead boxes? I've looked everywhere for that necklace, I will find one someday lol I only have a 3D printed one at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody hell, it's been a while since I posted in my thread. Hopefully my next update won't be in two years!

Finished up my Rambo: First Blood Part II explosive arrow tips. Only took me ten years.
3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

done.jpg

And sanded/polished and blued my Sarednab Indy S&W, painted the grips and gold plated the medallions. I think some dummy rounds might be in order.
0a.jpg

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

6b.jpg

7b.jpg

8b.jpg

12b.jpg

I finally made something new. John Wick's secret stash book. Again, thank you to MR_Adrian for the inspiration.

I followed Adrian's example and went for the look of the stunt book in hero form with cavity and similarly wrapped the book cover with (fake in my case) leather, recreating the ridges and grooves on the original. The cover designs were created as vectors and cut from heat transfer vinyl adhesive which I ironed on, then I ironed gold foil on top of that. This was actually the second attempt because it's a bit hit and miss using an iron instead of a heat press.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Closest marbled paper design I could find for the inside front and back covers. I just had to tweak the colors.
3.jpg

Marbled pages on the original hero book:
0.jpg

This book actually is Russian Folk Tales by Alexander Afanasyev, but it's the 1984 and not 1864. It's only about an inch too short.
4.jpg

The aforementioned author.
5.jpg

Chapters 102 and 103: Baba Yaga.
6.jpg

chapter 104: Vasilisa the Beautiful...
7.jpg

Which is immediately followed by the picture of her. I emulated the slight yellowing of the outer edges of the pages I added.
8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I finally made something new. John Wick's secret stash book. Again, thank you to MR_Adrian for the inspiration.

I followed Adrian's example and went for the look of the stunt book in hero form with cavity and similarly wrapped the book cover with (fake in my case) leather, recreating the ridges and grooves on the original. The cover designs were created as vectors and cut from heat transfer vinyl adhesive which I ironed on, then I ironed gold foil on top of that. This was actually the second attempt because it's a bit hit and miss using an iron instead of a heat press.

View attachment 1331540

View attachment 1331554

Closest marbled paper design I could find for the inside front and back covers. I just had to tweak the colors.
View attachment 1331542

Marbled pages on the original hero book:
View attachment 1331556

This book actually is Russian Folk Tales by Alexander Afanasyev, but it's the 1984 and not 1864. It's only about an inch too short.
View attachment 1331543

The aforementioned author.
View attachment 1331544

Chapters 102 and 103: Baba Yaga.
View attachment 1331555

chapter 104: Vasilisa the Beautiful...
View attachment 1331546

Which is immediately followed by the picture of her. I emulated the slight yellowing of the outer edges of the pages I added.
View attachment 1331547

View attachment 1331548

View attachment 1331549
That's freakin awesome dude!! I see you went for the brand new look :) I'm actually working on version 2 of my book and you did exactly a couple of the things I'm incorporating in mine (the marbled inside cover and using gold foil for the covers). Great work man!

Made a display for my Ruby Slippers inspired by MAKE BELIEVE's Smithsonian style display.

The pumps are not quite the right shape but they are 80 years old. The sequins are new, everything else is vintage - 80 year old rhinestones and beads. I stamped the insole with gold ink.

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

...years later... still working on the old hoverboard. No good mangents were available at the time so like so many other people I modelled my own and printed them. All that's left to do now is some paint and glue.
hoverboard41.jpg

hoverboard43.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back