_Lee_ 's Sterling E11 Build.

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well guys, this is by far the most iconic piece that I will EVER have in my collection im sure. I bought this this past week, and yes it is deactivated :) I bought it because I have always wanted a piece like this and it will be the center piece of my collection.

When if first saw it on Tuesday I have to say that I was shocked by the weight!! but man, having it in your hands screams Star Wars. I bought it like this, but didn't really want to keep the paint scheme;

809441_-_photo_16_1463837666_img.jpg

So after a few hours of using Nitro-Mors it managed to get most of the finish off. Please note, I didn't want to leave it perfect and know I could have gone in with sanding to get rid of every single bit, but I wanted to keep some to add to the look and feel of the blaster:

SAM_4311.JPGSAM_4312.JPG

And after 2-3 coats of primer and 3-4 of black I am at this point:

SAM_4315.JPGSAM_4314.JPG

My scope and counter has been ordered, as has the rail. Im still looking for a set of power cells though so if there is any info about resin or decent 3d sets, please let me know.

Cheers

Lee

Last edited:
Also, I have my Track from Marv (Thanks Buddy) could anyone show me the easier way to fit these because I don't want to damage anything.

Heat with hairdryer and they become flexible. I haven't tried Marv's though as they are taller and not sure if they fit a Sterling.

whitearmor has some awesome builds and tons of knowledgeable peeps. As it's a real sterling are you going to get a real M38 scope?....I've been looking for one for a while now...good luck with your build...already looks sweet;)...I'd kill to be able to buy a deactivated Sterling...but my country is nutzo about weapons:facepalm

Last edited:
Heat with hairdryer and they become flexible. I haven't tried Marv's though as they are taller and not sure if they fit a Sterling.
I have used it on both of my deactivated Sterling builds and all my sabers - just see the banner below :)

Congrats on the beauty. For t-tracks I have Marv, Gino and Roy t-tracks. They need to be bend in shape with a hair dryer or hot/boiling water. It might take a bit to fit them as you want, but get them warm again and you can redo the work.

Are you getting real scope and Hengstler? The best cylinders hands down were made by PlayfulWolfCub at FISD, but Andy took a break, hopefully later this year will make them again

Hi guys,

Just done the T Tracks that I got from Marv. I found that snipping the end into a diamond shape to allow easier penetration in the hole ( not like that ;)) and then holding it down until It has cooled so it stays straight along the barrel. I must admit I was nervous when I started but its really a doddle. I need to clean up the ends on one or two, but I think I did ok.

Sergiu, ive gone for a resin scope and counter for the time being, just cant push out the extra dosh at the moment. I had seen that Andy hadn't made any power cells in a while so have purchased some from Gucabe on Shapeways.

Lee

SAM_4318.JPGSAM_4316.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back