Stormtrooper E-11 blasters

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So whilst preparing my Stirling for a paintjob it got me thinking as to how people think about these particular blasters. The wrinkle finish of some Sterlings doesnt look too good but then again a perfect finish doesnt appeal to me either. I like the used, worn look and think thats the way they are meant to be. However nice the Master Replicas and hyperfirm blasters look the immaculate finish puts me off. Ive taken the majority of paint off mine, but am leaving some bits here and there purely to add some variation in the finish and of the surface level.

Also, ive seen the Master Replicas versions go for obscene amounts even before this year when someone could have used a real Sterling instead. I understand that for some people it is more difficult to obtain the sterlings but surely if someone is given a choice between a Sterling and the MR most would go for the Sterling??

Anyways, im looking forward to showing my conversion soon :)

I've owned both and eventually sold the MR. It's hard to beat having the real deal with the Hengstler and M38/M40.

Fan-made is better.

I own the MR as well as the real deal. And despite the fact that the MR is cool, it is too clean and pristine for my taste. I totally prefer the Sterling, especially with the real greeblies added to it, there is no comparison to be made.

I've owned a lot of milsurp over the years. When I did my sterling parts build, I went the route of a utilitarian flat black finish. After I finished the paint job, I distressed it with sand paper and and hit it with weathering "grime" : thinned raw umber mixed with a little talcum powder. "Paint" it on, then wipe it off. Hit it with some thinned burnt umber and sienna, again, give it a wipe, and finally a light dusting of talc rubbed in a with a soft cloth. It's a pretty convincing "used" look.

I prefer the beat up Sterlings too. I'd love to get a real one, but it doesn't seem like they are too easy to get here in the US. Although I could be wrong, I'm just assuming after seeing threads where people got them but they were sliced up to bits....which I personally can't fix.

I prefer the beat up Sterlings too. I'd love to get a real one, but it doesn't seem like they are too easy to get here in the US. Although I could be wrong, I'm just assuming after seeing threads where people got them but they were sliced up to bits....which I personally can't fix.

In US you can get them from Unique Canes or IMA USA, and they are already assembled back

In US you can get them from Unique Canes or IMA USA, and they are already assembled back

Whatever the UC guys call "assembled"...have you ever given these a closer look?! :lol
Their welding job is less than stellar :rolleyes

A friend of mine got one last year. Not sure if it was the exception, but was shown on their site back then. With the sling and all.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back