Dioramas for Sideshow 1/6 Droids

Beeb89

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i decided to take a little break from some of the ongoing projects I have going and knock out a couple dioramas for some Sideshow pieces I have. I wanted to do this for the 1/6 scale R2 I have and since I didn't get any takers on my junkyard sale I decided to just keep him. His diorama was pretty simple, a "suggestion" of the inside of Obiwan's home. A pretty quick build but I'm diggin how it looks set up!
image.jpegimage.jpeg

The other piece is the 1/6 scale Imperial Probe Droid... I love this piece!!! I've never done a snow diorama scene before but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I sculpted the rocks from green floral foam and coated it with wood putty. I did a rough sanding over that then brushed on a coat of resin to seal it and add strength. I also added styrene to the backsides of the rocks and edges of the base to give it a more finished look. I then painted it the added the "snow", backing soda, then gave it a pretty liberal coat of clear lacquer. I also replaced the black rod with a clear plexi one.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I couldnt get get a great piece of the snow diorama without it washing out. Sorry!

Thanks for looking!
-B89!

Very nice work, but I would have bled the shape edge finish out, instead of a cut off....does look very nice though;)......great job, well done. What are you going to do next?

Very nice work, but I would have bled the shape edge finish out, instead of a cut off....does look very nice though;)......great job, well done. What are you going to do next?

Thank you!! Looking at it now that would have been the best way to have finished it off... Oh well, next time, right? ;) Finishing up the toddler alien project will be the next thing I do.

-B89!

I love the R-2 I think that's the same kit I'm working on right now. Do you have a post on how you built that or the LED installation?

I love the R-2 I think that's the same kit I'm working on right now. Do you have a post on how you built that or the LED installation?

No kit...it´ts the Sideshow/ Hot Toys 1:6 R2D2 which already has the light up features (including the lit table to put Leias hologram on)

Very nice work!
I am thinking of some backdrops for my few HT figures as well...
3PO/ R2 > Tantive or desert backdrop
Han/ Chewie > Falcon
Ben/ Luke > Bens hut (have to incorporate Leia as well, even if they never met in the movie....display space constraints :( )

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back