Power Rangers 2017 Armor Builds

Tonez

Hey guys! This will be my third costume made. In the past I've made an Ironman suit (twice) and a armoured Nightwing. My friends and I were hoping to have these done in time for the Toronto FanExpo this year. We haven't found any luck in finding great material to work with since there's been only one released picture of the new suits. Any help would be great from anyone! We are looking to do both the Black Ranger (me) and Red Ranger (my friend). We are planning on working with both eva foam and fibre glass. Depends on the body part and time we have.
power-rangers-2017-movie-costumes-photo.jpegpower-rangers-movie-2017-costumes-images.jpgPower-Rangers-2017-small.jpg

Good luck to you. I'm excited to see more of these suits being built between now and release, so I'll be following your progress.

I've a theory that the red ranger is going to become lord Zed. That's what the suit reminds me of.

I also think this is one of those enhancement mode thingies. The one where in the show, they get golden golden pauldrons and a diamond shape on their chest.

That's really all I have to add.

Hey everyone! im one of the friends that tonez mentioned that he was also building the armour with! ...photos of the red ranger on set of the new 2017 PR was just leaked and to what luck it exposes what the whole armour looks like in several angles other than the front!! Looks friggen awesome!image.pngimage.png Definitely a golden reference for us to get started!

Hey guys! This will be my third costume made. In the past I've made an Ironman suit (twice) and a armoured Nightwing. My friends and I were hoping to have these done in time for the Toronto FanExpo this year. We haven't found any luck in finding great material to work with since there's been only one released picture of the new suits. Any help would be great from anyone! We are looking to do both the Black Ranger (me) and Red Ranger (my friend). We are planning on working with both eva foam and fibre glass. Depends on the body part and time we have.
View attachment 628819View attachment 628820View attachment 628821
I already have a thread on this. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=255918&p=3994311#post3994311

I'm also looking to build the Red Ranger suit for myself. And it's great to see others looking to do this as well. I basically asked around folks who made sci-fi armour and toku armour. I got a few responses. One said they could make it for ~$1500 USD.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back