Some advice, please (Soldier 76 - Overwatch)

His jacket looks like it's made of some pretty thick stuff honestly... What were you planning to sew it out of? It looks like a motorcycle jacket, so maybe you'd be better off finding a similar one and modding it rather than attempting to sew it yourself if you don't have experience. Just a thought.

I'm looking at this costume for a friend of mine. Anyone seen an .stl file of his mask? I've come across a few .pdo files, but I was wondering if there was anything modelled for 3d printing.

Hey, hadokn, I hope this works but here are a couple files for Soldier 76, hope these help.
Mask: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QoKJZbtTXgbjZpV2ZtV081RXM/view?usp=sharing

Full Body/Weapon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QoKJZbtTXgbUR6LV9QbndHUzg/view?usp=sharing

I can't remeber where I got them but I know someone posted all the characters somewhere, I have Mercy, Reaper, Soldier 76, Tracer, Genji Mask(uploaded by "nanobot" on the 405th here http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=47105 ), and Reinhardt. IF YOU ARE THE CREATOR OR KNOW WHERE THEY CAME FROM PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL POST CREDIT, THESE WERE ALL UPLOADED AS A .FBX FILE AND I WAS ABLE TO CONVERT THEM TO .STL!!

Last edited:
hey there! i'm currently working on this costume as well, and i'm curious, what do you guys plan to do for the 76 and thin raised black sections on the back? i can't think of anything for the 76 that doesn't involve tons of obvious stitches

And printing, let's hope it turns out!

image.jpeg

There are some decent looking jackets on etsy actually. They're all from china, so the quality is probably not the best... But if you can't sew at all then it might be worth checking out at least.

Hi there,

I'm working on this cosplay aswell, and I had the same issue, I mostly work with foam and did not know how to get a descent looking jacket. I ended up ordering one at a company that makes custom leather jackets out of real leather. I really like the design and will be wearing the jacket for normal occasions aswell, so it was worth the cost.
Only ordered it last week though, so it will take a week or two before I have it. I can pm you some pic's when it arrives.

Working on a blueprint for the pulse rifle while waiting.

Can't wait to see your build(s) :D

Hi there,

I'm working on this cosplay aswell, and I had the same issue, I mostly work with foam and did not know how to get a descent looking jacket. I ended up ordering one at a company that makes custom leather jackets out of real leather. I really like the design and will be wearing the jacket for normal occasions aswell, so it was worth the cost.
Only ordered it last week though, so it will take a week or two before I have it. I can pm you some pic's when it arrives.

Working on a blueprint for the pulse rifle while waiting.

Can't wait to see your build(s) :D

If you don't mind my asking, what company did you find? Rough cost?

For those considering buying a motorcycle jacket and modding, this may be a very expensive option (depending on the cost of alternatives) as a leather jacket new will usually cost at least $200 up to 600+ depending on the brand, etc. If you go that route, try to get something in perforated leather. Your future self will thank you for spending the bit extra haha. Not sure if it will have the same effect while walking/standing but it definitely is not nearly as hot while riding.

Faux leather is really easy to sew with (in my experience), so you could find a simple pattern from a craft/fabric store (I'm from Australia so spotlight is my go to shop for patterns), make a mock up out of calico and then draw out the extra details on the mock up and then use those for the final jacket.

I'm working on a Soldier 76 cosplay as well, can't wait to see how yours turns out :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back