Judge dredd helmet

flastra

FB_IMG_1463942540652.jpg
So I've even working on this for a while now, found a old pepakura file on the net (don't remember the authors name off hand, but I still have the file so I'll check later) I've always wanted one so gave it try to go with my half made lawgiver project. I'm at the stage of adding supports to stop it twisting and bulging. The top part where the badge goes need some work, hoping to be ready for resin on the outside by the weekend

you could cut furniture foam and insert that inside to help keep its shape (plenty of old cushions / old sofas around)

massive rolls of 12mm and 6mm Eva foam View attachment 628524 cosplay heaven

DSC_0199.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 627550
So I've even working on this for a while now, found a old pepakura file on the net (don't remember the authors name off hand, but I still have the file so I'll check later) I've always wanted one so gave it try to go with my half made lawgiver project. I'm at the stage of adding supports to stop it twisting and bulging. The top part where the badge goes need some work, hoping to be ready for resin on the outside by the weekend

Found some info on the pepakura file I used, the original model is by unknown, new model by stilgar hammer and unfolded by stilgar hammer

Just use kebab sticks. Lite wooden sticks to maintain the internal shape. Filling up the internal pep is a mistake because the resin needs air to cure.

Just use kebab sticks. Lite wooden sticks to maintain the internal shape. Filling up the internal pep is a mistake because the resin needs air to cure.

I'm planning on using resin on the outside first, then remove the supports and then resin inside, just have to finish the badge piece and change the angle of where the badge goes and then it's resin time

DSC_0217.JPG
Well I kind of made a badge, made a real bodge job of where the badge sits, but I figure I can make it look better once all the resin and filler (bondo to our American friends) is all done and sanded. I've never worked with resin before so the first batch dried before I even used half of it, I'll post a pick when I finish it tomorrow

everywhere else has bondo in the UK are isopon p38 easy sand. we don't have barge cement either :( but evo-stik contact adhesive works ok

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back