ROGUE ONE - E11 blaster differences

userd1402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Imperial Stormtrooper E-11 shown in the trailer for Rogue One has some differences to the original trilogy model.
I see the Scope, Hengstler counter, T-tracks, power cylinders and short mag as normal but then there's some sort of scope or sight attached to the side of the barrel which seems to have a cupped eyepiece at the back.

IMFDB suggests it could be a 'flashlight' but looking closely at the available screen-grabs it doesn't look like one to me.

Anybody recognise it or have inside information as to what it is?

E11-Scope.jpg

Last edited:
It certainly has the profile and stubbiness to be a flashlight. The rear section center-point it too narrow IMO for any functional sight, and looks more like a button. That and it doesn't make sense to have a secondary sight put on the forward-righthand side of the blaster.

All signs point to a light and or targeting assist type device, but I'm leaning towards a flashlight given it's shape, size and position.

rogue one E11 flashlight.png

New Greeble!!!!

It looks exactly like a flashlight that is used on the front rail of a modern assault rifle. That round circle on the back end of it is the on/off button. More or less like the photo in the post above. Google "front rail" "tactical" "Surefire" Surefire is a brand name, look under "weapon lights" I'm not sure what brand it is on the E11 but it defiantly looks like a weapon light.

It might be a light for a handgun.

If they need flashlights on blasters then for what is good that armor? you can't aim, you can't see in the dark and it only protects you from low hanging blasts doors ;)

But to the topic, it seems it is some kind of flashlight. Still I love they kaept the oryginal design.

I found one and wow, that's more than I paid for my real Sterling! I can wait until we get a better look....

Exactly my thoughts when I searched for online suppliers.
Couldn´t they simply use a CHEAP add-on...would have been a nice exception from the usual "rare/ expensive/hard to find" experience we know from the OT props :lol

i will tell you what it is,..... it is a bayonet, like a lightsaber

It's wrong on so many levels but a part of me would like to see a Star Wars movie where someone has a blaster with a lightsaber bayonet on it!

Maybe episode 9?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think they needed to modify the Stormtrooper Blaster. The time between this film and the events of Star Wars dont seem that far apart unless im missing something.

Well said. How stupid to add something that makes the e11 ugly to sell more toys??...lame:sick

Well said. How stupid to add something that makes the e11 ugly to sell more toys??...lame:sick

That's like saying that simply because there is a shoulder pauldron on the troopers Tatooine, That they modified the armor in the first 30 minutes of the movie. This part appears to simply be a specialized piece of equipment that is there as either an enhancement to the weapon for performance or mission needs. There are plenty of attachments for real military weapons, why not for an E-11? One could say that the counter on the side is an optional attachment since it is seen missing on E-11s in A New Hope.

I dont think they needed to modify the Stormtrooper Blaster. The time between this film and the events of Star Wars dont seem that far apart unless im missing something.

Is this a required comment that needs to be said every time something new shows up in Star Wars? Yes, exactly, Disney wasn't going to make any money on this film or fail to sell any products, but now thanks to this, they are going to finally make a name for themselves. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back