ROGUE ONE - E11 blaster differences

Can anyone tell what the base is for the E-11? Is it one of the airsoft Sterlings?

View attachment 640123

View attachment 640124

View attachment 640125

It doesn't look like the airsoft Sterlings I've seen. These could also be resin blasters (maybe pipe too): the nose cap/front muzzle looks like is separately attached to the barrel, the front sight and the magazine both have a chip, the scope is rough, not having the front screws (or at least very little pronounced) and there might even be a molding seam there too. All these plus the entire bolt part with missing spring and weird cocking handle makes me think these are resin/plastic with pipe blasters.

It doesn't look like the airsoft Sterlings I've seen. These could also be resin blasters (maybe pipe too): the nose cap/front muzzle looks like is separately attached to the barrel, the front sight and the magazine both have a chip, the scope is rough, not having the front screws (or at least very little pronounced) and there might even be a molding seam there too. All these plus the entire bolt part with missing spring and weird cocking handle makes me think these are resin/plastic with pipe blasters.
Definently agree with resin , looks like its not hollow at all when you look at the ejectionport and the slot for the cockinghandle .
it also seems to have been badly dammaged , looks like its missing part of the mussle tip ( shows grey resin) , the hole top of the front sight seems to be knocked off , and the cocking handle is bent upward laying along the side of the scope ( m38-1942. ?) witch seems to have a strange "ridge" between the front and rear foot (casting residue or maybe the bracket holding the hengstler ?)
its also missing details like the bolt holding the flip part of the rear sight , witch should be clearly wisible on the side of the rear sight .

Last edited:
Some or all of those do look like resin, but I was more wondering what the master was made from. Some details don't seem to match a real sterling (though I am not up on the variations) such as the flat areas on the end cap near where the stock would touch it.

That's like saying that simply because there is a shoulder pauldron on the troopers Tatooine, That they modified the armor in the first 30 minutes of the movie. This part appears to simply be a specialized piece of equipment that is there as either an enhancement to the weapon for performance or mission needs. There are plenty of attachments for real military weapons, why not for an E-11? One could say that the counter on the side is an optional attachment since it is seen missing on E-11s in A New Hope.

I agree completely.....and I like how it looks.

the front sight and the magazine both have a chip, the scope is rough, not having the front screws (or at least very little pronounced) and there might even be a molding seam there too.

Looks like a few major air bubbles / voids in the casts too. Just look at the front of those power cylinders!

rogue-blaster.jpg

Exactly. And then look at the chipped magazine on the right, you can see there is not shadow, only next to the body of the blaster.

rogue-blaster-grooves.jpg

Those pics are all from the scene in the water though, correct? That alone would explain stunt vs hero props, no? I wouldn't think they'd want blank-firing guns in the hands of extras suited up in clumsy armor, who if they drop the things, will have them land in a water tank.

Hey, looks like my guess on IMFDB was right! Here's a shot that sort of show how it's mounted on the stunt E-11s (I guess one of the flashlights fell off):

DSC08840.0.jpg

It looks like they're using the same flashlights on the death trooper and shoretrooper blasters:

adadd.jpgimg6209jpg-48593c.jpgimg1135jpg-6ab3a4.jpgimg1123jpg-6ab39f.jpgimg1121jpg-48593a.jpg27714692634_4ac526b000_o.jpgDSC08779.0.jpgimg1058jpg-6ab398 (1).jpg28227260372_bc12be78c8_o.jpgimg1043jpg-19b061.jpgimg1044jpg-6ab394.jpg

Also, I don't think the flashlights are necessarily knock offs (but that's most likely). The picture posted earlier is a slightly different variant than the SureFire used in the film, which looks like this:

0940548eo8xo887oxxzea3.jpg

Last edited:
The lights are Surefire knockoffs made by Element (they even have the SF logo on them).
The only problem is I think they are now made with scallop cuts around the button guard instead of flat edged. Some dealers still show them with old?/correct style button guard but they're all the same part number. I have one on order.

The E-11's are casts from the airsoft L2A1 Sterling. All the other Sterling based guns are cast from the airsoft too.
Hengstlers and M38 scopes are cast from real ones.

We have a lot of Rogue One found parts covered on The Parts of Star Wars Facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/PartsofSW/

Flashlights are being added to the page tonight.

anyone think having the folding stock on the deathtroopers long rifle is redundant? the weapon already has a fixed stock... perhaps its a visual cue, like the hengstler counter

anyone think having the folding stock on the deathtroopers long rifle is redundant? the weapon already has a fixed stock... perhaps its a visual cue, like the hengstler counter

Yeah, they did the same thing with the F-11D:

z6ADZB4vTya4G6Yw8gQG_sw_prop_4a-1024x768.jpg

But at least they turned the folding stock into a grip. On the death trooper blaster (and the shoretrooper blaster), it's still just a stock.

That "fixed stock" as you call it may itself be an additional attachment. I would speculate that it to offers better performance than the standard swivel stock.

Looking at the stock on the new E11's the ShoreTroopers are carrying, it looks a lot like the Magpul PRS Carbine Stock with a modification to the cheek pad.

Looking at the stock on the new E11's the ShoreTroopers are carrying, it looks a lot like the Magpul PRS Carbine Stock with a modification to the cheek pad.

I was looking at these too. I don't think it's the MagpuI
Shoretrooper-2.jpg

It's a bit more compact than the magpul. Look at the back of it. the 4 ridges

CnZY41NWAAEBVOp.jpg

Could be combination of one stock and the cheek riser of another.

I was looking at these too. I don't think it's the MagpuI
View attachment 645112

It's a bit more compact than the magpul. Look at the back of it. the 4 ridges

View attachment 645113

Could be combination of one stock and the cheek riser of another.

I agree, I haven't found a magpull that matches or can be modified (easily) to match. The rear pad, as you pointed out, is very distinct and I'm thinking it was modified.

Last edited:
Hey, looks like my guess on IMFDB was right! Here's a shot that sort of show how it's mounted on the stunt E-11s (I guess one of the flashlights fell off):

View attachment 644585

It looks like they're using the same flashlights on the death trooper and shoretrooper blasters:

View attachment 644586View attachment 644590View attachment 644591View attachment 644592View attachment 644593View attachment 644698View attachment 644587View attachment 644696View attachment 644697View attachment 644588View attachment 644589

Also, I don't think the flashlights are necessarily knock offs (but that's most likely). The picture posted earlier is a slightly different variant than the SureFire used in the film, which looks like this:

View attachment 644600
well that looks like a lot of possible sterling based blaster builds :).
And they would look even better if based on somthing better than a resin cast ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back