Sundowner's TFA DL-44

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have my HFC Mauser and received my DEC kit! I'm officially ready to start this build! Now first thing, I need to disassemble the HFC and I can tell you from previous builds (Kingsman: Carnwennan 9mm build) I absolutely hate taking apart airsoft guns. So I had to take the piece apart so I would know how it went back to gather when I completed the finish on the gun. From my previous experiences with airsoft and Denix, I have learned that it is a really good idea to take pictures of everything before and so you know how it goes back together.

Of course it was a pain and springs flew more times than I could count but I got it back together. Below you will find reference pictures, just in case you find yourself scratching your head with assembly.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I tore mine apart in anticipation of my DEC delivery scheduled for Monday. Tempted to start stripping the paint now and beginning the Aluminum Black process. PS: Thanks for the pics. Mine did not come apart so clean. No springs flew though.

I tore mine apart in anticipation of my DEC delivery scheduled for Monday. Tempted to start stripping the paint now and beginning the Aluminum Black process. PS: Thanks for the pics. Mine did not come apart so clean. No springs flew though.

I'm with you, I saw the package and immediately decided that I need to start this build. I see that you're going for the aluminum black, will that work on the pewter parts?

I believe that there is also a "Pewter Black" that people use. Since most of the parts are aluminum, I figure that I have time to get to the pewter parts.

Pewter black will work but so will Super Blue; it just absorbs the stuff. However, I've noticed that with Super Blue, it will not only darken the pewter but will also develop a brownish-dirt patina, too. Dunno if that's the level of "worn" you're looking for but it suited my ANH build fine.

So I'm guessing it's kind of necessary to take this apart in order to get the scope mount installed?

I pulled mine apart also as soon as i got the shipping notice :D not to bad i think , found a video on youtube that showed the basics , and had no trouble , all springs in place so far
Are you going fo blueing all the parts ?
I have been looking at the promoshots , and i think to make it screen accurate black paint all over is the way to go, but i think that will look kinda cheap irl, so im also going for blueing , maybe paint and weathering for the grill and scope bracket, think i just have to try it out.

I pulled mine apart also as soon as i got the shipping notice :D not to bad i think , found a video on youtube that showed the basics , and had no trouble , all springs in place so far
Are you going fo blueing all the parts ?
I have been looking at the promoshots , and i think to make it screen accurate black paint all over is the way to go, but i think that will look kinda cheap irl, so im also going for blueing , maybe paint and weathering for the grill and scope bracket, think i just have to try it out.

I think paint is probably what was used but I'm going for bluing. I'm going to buy some aluminum black and use Super Blue as PoopaPapaPalps suggested. I had some left over Super Blue from working on my Bushmasterhttp://www.therpf.com/member.php?u=18033

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to try using Aluminum Black and Pewter Black. I think the laser cut plastic piece was plastic in the movie, but I think Im going to try and make one myself out of aluminium so it matches the rest of the AB finish

This shot really has me thinking the scope and maybe the mounts are blued and the rest is painted, they look much shinier and darker than the rest of the body.

image.jpeg

Im going to try using Aluminum Black and Pewter Black. I think the laser cut plastic piece was plastic in the movie, but I think Im going to try and make one myself out of aluminium so it matches the rest of the AB finish

thats a really good idea! I may do that myself!

This shot really has me thinking the scope and maybe the mounts are blued and the rest is painted, they look much shinier and darker than the rest of the body.

View attachment 627461

Good call, I've never noticed how shiny the scope rings were

I'm kinda of impatient so I used paint stripper. It worked great combined with steel wool

image.jpegimage.jpeg

thats a really good idea! I may do that myself!

Good call, I've never noticed how shiny the scope rings were

I'm kinda of impatient so I used paint stripper. It worked great combined with steel wool

Thats is what i wanted to do also , but it was sunday , no paintstripper in the workshop , and no patience to wait one day :D so sanding it was, but i will definently do that on the lower this afternoon.
I think i will use the metal left over from the selectorswitch , make plugs from that for the holes in the body and hammer it in, i did that on my denix and its practically impossible to se the outline of the holes i plugged.
Then i will probably make a alu frame to make the box over it and blue that as well.
The alu black really takes well on the HFC , this is my upper after justhfc upper.jpg one pass

Thats is what i wanted to do also , but it was sunday , no paintstripper in the workshop , and no patience to wait one day :D so sanding it was, but i will definently do that on the lower this afternoon.
I think i will use the metal left over from the selectorswitch , make plugs from that for the holes in the body and hammer it in, i did that on my denix and its practically impossible to se the outline of the holes i plugged.
Then i will probably make a alu frame to make the box over it and blue that as well.
The alu black really takes well on the HFC , this is my upper after justView attachment 627512 one pass

That AB looks awesome!

Here's a shot I got of the one on display at Disneyland. I don't know if it was actually used on screen, but I hope it can be helpful to you guys on your builds. This was the the only shot I was able to get of it.

image.jpeg

Hope this helps

Here's a shot I got of the one on display at Disneyland. I don't know if it was actually used on screen, but I hope it can be helpful to you guys on your builds. This was the the only shot I was able to get of it.

View attachment 627575

Hope this helps

Woah! Looks like someone went crazy with the brown/rust spraypaint.... Also wtf is that thing on the top of the bull barrel behind the flash hider???

View attachment 627461

Sort of looks like they assembled everything except for installing the scope and then blasted the whole gun with gloss black spraypaint, and some silver spraypaint as well, then weathered, then installed the scope. Arguably it all looks painted to me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back