Real E11 Sterling mk4 build costs.

So is it a new spec? Any moving parts?

(Still) curious myself....and confused :lol
Does a private seller HAVE TO make sure as well, that a deac. weapon meets new standards when selling it???
Do the 3 L2A3s come from a private collector at all or from a shop?

Hey guys,

I just managed to go see the gun in person. The guy was excellent and showed me the Birmingham proof cert, where it has been welded (pin/barrel etc) and explained the new laws to me aswell. Apparently the collectors market is not happy at all with the new regs and there even human rights infringments along the line regarding the owners. I think he knew what he was talking about as he had LOADS of military stuff and it was quite educational.He has even let me know where on the gun the Birmingham Proof deactivation stamp is. He has said he will get it re-cert done for me at the extra cost so its going to be mine :)

One last thing-these things are bloody heavy! The trigger moves a little, the stock folds and the recoil (that pulls the spring back?) still works. It was last certified in December 2015.

Lee

(Still) curious myself....and confused :lol
Does a private seller HAVE TO make sure as well, that a deac. weapon meets new standards when selling it???
Do the 3 L2A3s come from a private collector at all or from a shop?
I have to admit thats how I read it, but I don't understand how this works. If you've spent a fortune on old deactivated guns you stand to lose a lot don't you if they now have to be deactivated to a new spec when selling on? Or is it simply a proofing that its to a particular standard be it old or new :wacko

Well that was interesting! I just got off the phone to the biggest uk dealer in De Acts and apparently the new rule was thrown out as there was so much opposition to it. I don't know if that also applies to other EU countries but worth checking:D

The gunb collector market will be affected, as the new spec deacts will have a lower value than old specs - I can see some peoople not being happy with this.

Small update for you guys...

I researched the new EU-wide (> UK included!) regulations for deactivating weapons.
Status quo:

As long as you own any old spec deacs, you are still allowed to and don´t have to get them recertified etc.
BUT the second you sell/ trade or even GIVE them AWAY, you/ the recipient have to make sure that these deacs meet the NEW specs.:wacko This applies for transactions beween the member states of the EU, as well as transactions within the state you live in!!!

It´ll be difficult or even impossible for the authorities to actually supervice any of these transactions between private people, but you´re "warned".

Seems like I am DONE with buying and will happily look at the guns, rifles and MGs I purchased when it was still fun.
I really hoped to be able to purchase a Rexim and a Lewis gun somewhere in the future...there goes my dream! :(

Thanks to the authorities, new deacs will be nothing more than a metal club (Remark: which can still be a lethal weapon ;))

Happy propping!

The gunb collector market will be affected, as the new spec deacts will have a lower value than old specs - I can see some peoople not being happy with this.

Lower "value"...maybe.
But the prices will go up anyway, since the costs for having these (re-) certified/ deactivated to new specs rised as well.
It´ll be interesting to see the evolution of the actual demand and the willigness of the customers to buy the new deacs.

For this law to get passed in the UK it has to go to Parliament under the crime and prevention act but that hasn't happened yet and I don't think at the moment there are any plans to do so. I think the Police realize that it is another stupid law that will make absolutely no difference to the terrorist threat and would never be able to be enforced between private sellers.

As long as you own any old spec deacs, you are still allowed to and don´t have to get them recertified etc.
BUT the second you sell/ trade or even GIVE them AWAY, you/ the recipient have to make sure that these deacs meet the NEW specs.:wacko This applies for transactions beween the member states of the EU, as well as transactions within the state you live in!!!

It´ll be difficult or even impossible for the authorities to actually supervice any of these transactions between private people, but you´re "warned".

I´m not going to say "I said it". ;)

But i did. :angel

For this law to get passed in the UK it has to go to Parliament under the crime and prevention act but that hasn't happened yet and I don't think at the moment there are any plans to do so. I think the Police realize that it is another stupid law that will make absolutely no difference to the terrorist threat and would never be able to be enforced between private sellers.

As far as i understood, this is a EU invented law - so each country being a member has to enforce it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back