Star Wars Rogue One new ships!

That is actually called a TIE Reaper and it is the ship used to deploy the Death Troopers to the beach at Krennic's orders during the battle of Scarif. That is the first time you see it in the movie at the trading outpost.

I'm happy to see Rogue One ships appearing in Season 4 of Rebels. We've got 2 U-Wing variants. First there's a standard U-Wing in the Partisan color scheme.

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 11.24.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-17 at 11.23.53 AM.png

Then there's what appears to be a U-Wing with only 2 engines, and shorter wings.

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 11.22.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-17 at 11.22.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-17 at 11.23.02 AM.png

Looks like I'll be buying a couple more Bandai U-Wing sets :)

I put together a quick gallery of U-wing screenshots from the first 6 episodes of the season: https://m.imgur.com/a/eU57n

Features Saw Gerrera’s ship, which is the same model we saw in Rogue One, but with the partisan paint scheme, and the new smaller u-wing model. That features two engines, and only partially skinned wings, which are much shorter.

It’s hard to tell what the actual colors of that one are supposed to be, thanks to the heavy atmospheric color grading. I really like the variant, though. I’m referring to it in my head-canon as the scout u-wing.

I just ordered two more u-wing kits to build these :)

I think that Ryder's U-wing is really just in crappy condition. It looks like it has some framework instead of wings, no hyperdrive, & 2 engines are outright missing. It's probably been beaten to hell in resisting the Empire.

Apparently Wookiepedia agrees with that :)

At the same time, the Lothal resistance under Ryder Azadi had possession of a damaged U-wing, which was missing engines and a working hyperdrive.

I prefer to think there are multiple variants of the U-wing (after all, the designation for what we saw in R1 is the UT-60D, implying there's at least the potential of other designations.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back