NYCC 2016 Requiring Fan Verification

Probe Droid

Master Member
FYI: A heads up for anyone planning on attending New York ComicCon this year. To cut down on scalpers NYCC is initiating a Fan Verification program. Basically preregistration from May 20-June 13. Intel here.

A pain in the butt, but the scalping last year was terrible.

FYI: A heads up for anyone planning on attending New York ComicCon this year. To cut down on scalpers NYCC is initiating a Fan Verification program. Basically preregistration from May 20-June 13. Intel here.

A pain in the butt, but the scalping last year was terrible.

all too confusing. so glad I stopped going. I can try and get my radio friends to book the guests I want to see ;o)

This sounds a lot like the recent TSA thing where they want people to fill out some form of profile for that pre-checkin thing...

best part of it was them stating that filling out the profile doesn't mean you get a ticket.. but I'm SURE they keep the info and pass it along.

This sounds a lot like the recent TSA thing where they want people to fill out some form of profile for that pre-checkin thing...

best part of it was them stating that filling out the profile doesn't mean you get a ticket.. but I'm SURE they keep the info and pass it along.

good point. who knows what kind of extra dough they make on sellingthe info too..if it's something useable. i'll pass.

- - - Updated - - -

No more VIP passes as well. Meh.

VIP Pass was nice for the break room. you could leave your stuff there with someone if you where alone and go to the bathroom.

To be fair, the TSA Precheck program is a godsend on busy travel days. No need to remove your belt or shoes, no need to take out the bag-o-liquids, shorter lines, faster service.

I love it.

First time going to NYCC this year. Does anybody have tips for travel (train or car) and maybe where the best place to stay (within walking distance or stay outside the city and take the train).
Any other tips or warnings are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Javits is on 11th Ave, as far on the West side as you can get, roughly between 34-38th streets, so hotels in that area would serve you best and probably are cheaper. Avoid mid-town--very pricey and crowded. Typically, the Javits food is bad and overpriced, so think about bringing a sandwich/snacks and water (lots of fountains for refills). If you want to eat out, there's both a McDonalds and a decent deli offering seating on the corner of 34th and, I believe, 10th. There's a Subway hero place a little further up on 34th as well.

Arrive early, the line is very long, and in previous years the entrance was by 38th St., so if you're uptown don't go to 34th or you'll have to backtrack.

Enjoy.

Everything Probe Droid said, try and avoid buying food at the Javits if you can. I didn't know for my first year and forked over $14 for a veggie quesadilla (that was terrible) and bottle of water. And definitely arrive early. As for hotels, if you pick one that is part of the con group they usually have a shuttle at the hotel that will take you right to the Javits.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back