3D Printed Arkham Batsuit DO3D big update 29/08/16

Re: 3D Printed Arkham Batsuit DO3D

Yeah I think origins was the only one that came close to having movie popularity.

I'm kinda glad there will only be a few AK bats makes you stand out more [emoji1]

Sent From The Batcave

I think the reason for that is that origins was the only suit that had actual armor plates which could be crafted and strapped on and allows you to simulate the bulk without a muscle suit and you really didn't require any special designs for the undersuit so you can get away with just a regular underarmor or whatever. The other Arkham suits were more skin tight and were more ideal for zenti body suits... Which in most cases are kinda bla, because they lack dimension.

The arkham knight suit is more of a mix. Has some armor but for upper legs and biceps it doesn't... So it leaves a lot of people looking scrawny in the armor which might turn people off to the design unless they invest in a muscle suit to go along with it. Financially it's a bit more expensive too since you need armor and a textured or zenti undersuit.

I think the reason for that is that origins was the only suit that had actual armor plates which could be crafted and strapped on and allows you to simulate the bulk without a muscle suit. The other Arkham suits were more skin tight and were more ideal for zenti body suits... Which in most cases are kinda bla, because they lack dimension.

The arkham knight suit is more of a mix. Has some armor but for upper legs and biceps it doesn't... So it leaves a lot of people looking scrawny in the armor which might turn people off to the design unless they invest in a muscle suit to go along with it.
I'm lucky I have quite big legs so just need to pad ny arms out.
I've never view the asylum/city suit as a skin tight suit I've always viewed as rubber armour like hells kitchen did it

Sent From The Batcave

I'm lucky I have quite big legs so just need to pad ny arms out.
I've never view the asylum/city suit as a skin tight suit I've always viewed as rubber armour like hells kitchen did it

Sent From The Batcave

True but those I believe had very limited movement. A friend of mine in Australia has the Arkham asylum armor and said he could hardly move in his as the shoulders and biceps were part of the chest. I'm not sure if the upper legs were also part of the same piece. Looked cool as hell though.

True but those I believe had very limited movement. A friend of mine in Australia said he could hardly move in his.
That's a Shame always thought it was a beaut of a costume but the new AK has gotta be ny favourite Batsuit

Sent From The Batcave

That's a Shame always thought it was a beaut of a costume but the new AK has gotta be ny favourite Batsuit

Sent From The Batcave

i agree. The origins and Arkham knight batsuit have been my favorites because of the armor plating. I just love that look.

i agree. The origins and Arkham knight batsuit have been my favorites because of the armor plating. I just love that look.
I love the origins Base just not the cowl something about it I'm just not keen on not sure what though.

I plan to do an animated style of TAS and beyond in the future. But not till I finish my AK to the best it can be. I think when I have the funds next year I will upgrade my undersuit and possibly see if i can get a valor arkham belt depending on how mine turns out.

Sent From The Batcave

I'm hoping to depending on how things go and with DO3D'S consent do a limited run of fully finished suits.

I've actually talked to DO3D about selling runs/kits before and learned a few things; firstly they thanked me for asking and said most people don't even have the common curtsy to do so, second they said it was completely fine for me to do resin casts in limited runs and just asked me not to sell the purely printed parts or models as they said it would directly effect there business (obviously). Just thought you might like to know :)

I've actually talked to DO3D about selling runs/kits before and learned a few things; firstly they thanked me for asking and said most people don't even have the common curtsy to do so, second they said it was completely fine for me to do resin casts in limited runs and just asked me not to sell the purely printed parts or models as they said it would directly effect there business (obviously). Just thought you might like to know :)
Yeah I've spoken to them and they where happy for me to sell a couple copies of different parts I doubt they will have an issue with it but I always check with them just to be on the safeside. Don't want to end up on peoples black lists for selling something they are not happy with

Sent From The Batcave

Yeah I've spoken to them and they where happy for me to sell a couple copies of different parts I doubt they will have an issue with it but I always check with them just to be on the safeside. Don't want to end up on peoples black lists for selling something they are not happy with

Sent From The Batcave

Your Instagram doesn't happen to be spider_nation does it?

the movie suits have always overshadowed the Arkham games. Thinking back there are not a lot of merchants that carry any of the Arkham suits other than the cowl and maybe the belts here and there.

Yeah I love the origins suit too, simpler and more managable than the Ak suit. I measured the AK game model matching it to my heifht.. At 6ft The chest plate at its widest is a whopping 46cm. A good 10cm wider than id expect the armour to match my physique. Im torn between keeping the armour the correct dimensions or adding strategic padding to the undersuit.

Talking of belts valourreplicas on etsy does an absolutely gorgeous one.

Yeah I love the origins suit too, simpler and more managable than the Ak suit. I measured the AK game model matching it to my heifht.. At 6ft The chest plate at its widest is a whopping 46cm. A good 10cm wider than id expect the armour to match my physique. Im torn between keeping the armour the correct dimensions or adding strategic padding to the undersuit.

Talking of belts valourreplicas on etsy does an absolutely gorgeous one.
Yeah I'm thinking of purchasing a valor belt next year.
Yeah the game model is huge I've had mine scaled to ny height I think the chest may be a fair bit wider then me.
But I like the idea of having it bigger then me to increase my size

Sent From The Batcave

fe3ca1e49c5a0cfa6cc4ed0345810a19.jpg
d79aefe325a212ca22c8094058272520.jpg
b49628afabe8de016eff34be08a8cbd4.jpg

Shins [emoji1]

Should all be shipped out in next day or 2

Sent From The Batcave

1554722d2c348917d7e94627ffd9b922.jpg
59be0e47486b7bfcaba255c540ec335c.jpg
21632b14fb896966503bab6ce681e806.jpg
fe5d6ee3ea4ca804ff6499b67e3e5433.jpg

Undersuit in the works unfortunately the lady making it wasn't able to get the silver style leather. However this is a budget undersuit (£100) including screen printed (non raised) honeycomb pannels so I think it's a good start next year hoping to have a real leather and screen printed lycra version :)

Sent From The Batcave

So my armour should be here in the next couple of days and I've been buying things to finish the suit.
£40 on xtc that stuff better be worth it!
I also ordered to mesh in the hope to recreate the honeycomb on the back of his neck. Unfortunately the mesh is not the same as pictured. It's circles and alot smaller however I think they will work for the texture on his abdominal armour

a4509996a00701160e8f10d4b0c7b3d3.jpg

b01963d626d620c38759460acd49a935.jpg
caa2985f8d1f4cd5157d1069ab8c1aef.jpg
65957ec24e40421f1816dae840927218.jpg
ace99f82c139aba7ec51b4b621c18e2c.jpg

7c4886076974fc752cea9d9fa4d42647.jpg

Sent From The Batcave

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back