3D Printed Arkham Batsuit DO3D big update 29/08/16

Re: 3D Printed Arkham Batsuit DO3D

This is looking really cool man. All those pieces are making me jealous haha!
Can't wait to see when you start finishing it all up. I'm just finishing up my gauntlets on the printer, molded the spikes and getting the shins and shoulders ready to print.
I reckon I need to do my cowl again. sanded some of the details too far and left the PLA in the sun and it warped slightly (WARNING.. dont do that lol). I also modified the brow a bit so I'm thinking I should do it again since I'm only moulding it once..

This is looking really cool man. All those pieces are making me jealous haha!
Can't wait to see when you start finishing it all up. I'm just finishing up my gauntlets on the printer, molded the spikes and getting the shins and shoulders ready to print.
I reckon I need to do my cowl again. sanded some of the details too far and left the PLA in the sun and it warped slightly (WARNING.. dont do that lol). I also modified the brow a bit so I'm thinking I should do it again since I'm only moulding it once..
Thanks mate honestly I'm dredding the finishing incase I mess up I'm gonna use that xtc finish in the hope it actually does what it says and Removes alot of finishing work. Looking forward to see your build aswell mate the only thing I have left to decide on is the Cape.
My undersuit is being made with screened fabric (doubt it will be raised but I'm happy with that)

I'm shocked how few arkham Batsuits there actually are compared to other versions of him.

Look forward to seeing your progress

Sent From The Batcave

Fantastic. I bought some xtc stuff too. Another reason why I want to redo my cowl. Its really good stuff, I tested it on one of my failed prints. I cant believe how few builds there are either. I'm guessing its because there's so much detail. Just trying to get it as accurate as possible.

I think once someone makes a decent cowl for sale then we will see a lot more of the Arkham knight batsuit... But aside from your builds and the UD replica version, there are only a handful of decent attempts.

I think once someone makes a decent cowl for sale then we will see a lot more of the Arkham knight batsuit... But aside from your builds and the UD replica version, there are only a handful of decent attempts.
ce1b9320141b615caafba26827c86a25.jpg

I've seen this on etsy it's not perfect but it's still pretty close mainly the side panel is completely off

I've heard a fair few people over on BotB who have said they don't like the AK suit for one reason or another.

Ive had it in my head that batfleck kinda overshadowed AK the game came out around the same time we had decent pics of the BvS suit so much like when dark knight came out everyone is building them. I'm not really a big fan of the movie suits I think the Games have better Batsuits but that's just my opinion

Sent From The Batcave

Fantastic. I bought some xtc stuff too. Another reason why I want to redo my cowl. Its really good stuff, I tested it on one of my failed prints. I cant believe how few builds there are either. I'm guessing its because there's so much detail. Just trying to get it as accurate as possible.
Good to hear it's decent stuff I'm gonna buy the small one first and see how it goes. Want to get the main sort of Parts finished then work on little bits like the belt pieces, gloves ect

Sent From The Batcave

I've seen that one but I'm waiting for this one. When it comes out hopefully in a couple weeks I'll pick it up and probably start my Arkham Knight Batsuit.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I've seen this one, I'm thinking of buying his neck section to go with my suit.
It's very impressive but I really hate rubber masks lol

Sent From The Batcave

Yeah rubber cowls suck but what's the alternative? I've never worn a 3D printed one, but imagine it would either have to be oversized or you'd have to split it in two in order to get it on.

Yeah rubber cowls suck but what's the alternative? I've never worn a 3D printed one, but imagine it would either have to be oversized or you'd have to split it in two in order to get it on.
I've had mine with the jaw removable so that I can use elastic to secure it so should be nice and snug still I hope anyway. I can't breath in rubber masks lol

Sent From The Batcave

I've had mine with the jaw removable so that I can use elastic to secure it so should be nice and snug still I hope anyway. I can't breath in rubber masks lol

Sent From The Batcave

The sweating is the worst. I resorted to feminine padding under the cowl. Works though.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/ce1b9320141b615caafba26827c86a25.jpg
I've seen this on etsy it's not perfect but it's still pretty close mainly the side panel is completely off

I've heard a fair few people over on BotB who have said they don't like the AK suit for one reason or another.

Ive had it in my head that batfleck kinda overshadowed AK the game came out around the same time we had decent pics of the BvS suit so much like when dark knight came out everyone is building them. I'm not really a big fan of the movie suits I think the Games have better Batsuits but that's just my opinion

Sent From The Batcave

Yeah the batfleck suit definitely overshadowed this in my opinion.. And even then the arkham knight had more builds than the batsuit. Its a shame, its definitely my favourite suit. Much more practical and i like the thought behind it. I think the majority of people dislike the armoured versions since they are less 'classic' looking.

All the cowls I have seen have had some sort of design inaccuracies. Hernandez efx version is by far the best ive seen. Depending on how my cast comes out i may buy one of his. I bought an origins cowl a while back off someone and it was waaay too big so I thought Id be safer making my own

Yeah the batfleck suit definitely overshadowed this in my opinion.. And even then the arkham knight had more builds than the batsuit. Its a shame, its definitely my favourite suit. Much more practical and i like the thought behind it. I think the majority of people dislike the armoured versions since they are less 'classic' looking.

All the cowls I have seen have had some sort of design inaccuracies. Hernandez efx version is by far the best ive seen. Depending on how my cast comes out i may buy one of his. I bought an origins cowl a while back off someone and it was waaay too big so I thought Id be safer making my own
The size is another reason why I opted to have my cowl 3D printed and scaled to my head as most cowls are just too big for me

Sent From The Batcave

Looking great so far! I'm glad I found this thread, I was interested in buying these files but never pulled the trigger. Can't wait to see more progress!

sp1derman are you planning on seperating the chest panels or leave them as one piece? I think Im going to attempt moving plates with the help of some elastic and strategically placed metal wire.

Last edited by a moderator:

@sp1derman are you planning on seperating the chest panels or leave them as one piece? I think Im going to attempt moving plates with the help of some elastic and strategically placed metal wire.
Originally I planned to but I have decided not to this time around. I have a second set of files which are all seperated and in the future may attempt to do a moving version.
With how small my chest is compared to my armour I think having pieces moving may compromise the chest

Sent From The Batcave

Last edited by a moderator:

Looking great so far! I'm glad I found this thread, I was interested in buying these files but never pulled the trigger. Can't wait to see more progress!
I was a little nervous about getting them then I saw all the beautiful work they have done and decided to go for it.

I'm hoping to depending on how things go and with DO3D'S consent do a limited run of fully finished suits. But wont decide if I do until I finish mine to ensure its up mine and everyone else's expectations :)

Sent From The Batcave

the movie suits have always overshadowed the Arkham games. Thinking back there are not a lot of merchants that carry any of the Arkham suits other than the cowl and maybe the belts here and there.

the movie suits have always overshadowed the Arkham games. Thinking back there are not a lot of merchants that carry any of the Arkham suits other than the cowl and maybe the belts here and there.
Yeah I think origins was the only one that came close to having movie popularity.

I'm kinda glad there will only be a few AK bats makes you stand out more [emoji1]

Sent From The Batcave

6fe1684eb6696b8021ab28ae7720998a.jpg

Just received this for the lady making my undersuit.
Whilst the texture is not perfect as it is flat I think it will work well as my initial undersuit until I upgrade to a more 3D one.
My entire sewed undersuit is costing the same as I'd pay for 2 squares of silicon printed fabric

Sent From The Batcave

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back