casting latex with elastic

bradtdkrises

Can anyone explain to me how casting latex with elastic material works? Or is there a video online?
I'm thinking about buying some Batman gauntlets made that way and I just cant wrap my mind around it..lol
Thanks!
Brad

A friend of mine is making a set of Batman gauntlets. I asked if he can make them one piece instead of what i have now. Mine wrap around the forearm and use velcro. Not a great way to keep them on...lol ...He said that he can make them from latex and in the middle of casting, he can add elastic material to it. Just wondering if this process in online..pics or a video? Or if anyone can explain it a lil better to me?
Thanks!

Well, haven´t heard about that.
Can´t think of anything that is more elastic than latex (rubberbands, baloons etc....).

Maybe you should ask your friend to tell you a bit more about the process.

Sounds like a flexible fabric lining to make the part easier to slip on & off.... maybe?

I'm pretty sure they did that with the original Alien suit... fabric lining! I'd have thought it would not only make it easier to put on & off but more comfortable to wear & reduce tearing.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back