Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Y pattern

Thanks got the explanations about the splines Dan !
Im using Rhino, from what Ive understood it doesnt work like other 3D softwares...

I've read through the thread but didn't see if you were posting the files anywhere? Would love to print this to go along with my falcon and xwing.

I've read through the thread but didn't see if you were posting the files anywhere? Would love to print this to go along with my falcon and xwing.

I'm not releasing the files, sorry, however you have DaveG's Y, but I think he's not releasing the cockpit files either.

Yes, that´s what a proper Y-Wing should look like. :) And you even made the flaws in the raised panels - I never noticed they were on several models and thus must have been part of the master/mold. Your dedication to details is mad. I love it!

Thank you guys !

Yes, that´s what a proper Y-Wing should look like. :) And you even made the flaws in the raised panels - I never noticed they were on several models and thus must have been part of the master/mold. Your dedication to details is mad. I love it!

Do you mean the molding defect on the large panel next to the back of the canopy on the starboard side ? Yes I guess the panel was not well glued on the original master and a bit of rubber went between the cockpit and styrene plating.
Good eye ! :D

Very nicely done on the cockpit hull and canopy, Julien. The beveling of the frames still looks perfect to me and the fit of the canopy must've taken a lot of work. This has it all, from 3-D modeling, to printing the sub components, to shaping the prints by hand, you've covered a lot of ground in just a few weeks.

Loving the forward progress on these patterns, and it's especially satisfying to stare at those post-primer shots and imagine what the castings are going to look like. Love it!

Thanks guys ! :)

The upper half is almost done :

Y-24_zpssuqrjgdj.jpg

Y-23_zps2ogycwsl.jpg

Y-26_zpsaslughwc.jpg

Y-25_zpsofivi4bb.jpg

Y-22_zpsgi3k4udx.jpg

Thanks to K and D for the parts ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back