Vibe glasses

Dreamerwolf

Hello! I'm looking to make a pair of Cisco's Vibe glasses, from the Flash CW show..I did a test pair and they came out great, except that I couldn't figure out a way to make them light up that worked well. I tried using EL wire, but it wasn't nearly bright enough. I also attempted to strap a set of small 'finger lights' which had a nice, bright LED, however, they only light up one section of the glasses, rather than the whole panel. That's why I just ended up painting the slots green, to resemble some form of the glow color. At this point, I'm not sure what else to try, and am hoping some of you more experienced people can give me any ideas.

This is what I am trying to make:

This is what I have made so far:

Also, if there are any recommendations for someone who can make these, I'd look into commissioning them as an option too. Thanks in advance!

Have you tried the small rectangle leds? You could probably fit them between the lens and foam virtually unnoticed with a small amount of wire to a switch on one of the arms

I've been working on some for a little over a year now. I've been using tulle, which is a thin see through fabric, against thin plastic that is put against the cutout and leds on the inside. I can draw up a detailed design if you're still interested.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back