Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

image.jpeg
It is wood
removed it from a 17 century farm house today
I was going to use it in a miniture build but it got thrown in a fire before I could put it in my van

Back to it I think !
Been extreamly busy at work and not had time to do anything so now I've few evenings free I thought I would have a play
finally got round to cleaning up my crown keys long and short and giving them a coat of grey primer, some of the short keys need a little rub down and a fresh coat as some have turned out a bit rough.
Ive also put a coat of metallic grey spray on one of the short keys to check the colour BUT I think it's to dark and I need to find a lighter metallic grey but that's an ongoing task.
ive also cleaned up and primed the forehead linkage plus 2 extra, overall I think they are all turning out very nicely.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Next task over the next couple of days I'm going to work on the ears
image.jpeg
Also im going to scratch build another couple of pieces as my " laser cousin " is on holiday

2 of these to scratch build this weekend
image.png

Last edited:
I've now put together one of my scratch built ears and they pivot / swivel, just need to clean off and give it a coat of primer
IMG_5203.JPGIMG_5204.JPGIMG_5205.JPG
IMG_5200.PNGIMG_5201.PNG

Ive also cut this piece for just above the ear where the crown meets the main mask
IMG_5206.JPG
IMG_5202.PNGIMG_5207.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Somebody please give me a job as a full time prop builder I just love it :lol

Apply here : http://www.propshop.co.uk/ where props and FX were created for TFA as well as VIII :) ILM has a London office as well yet is mainly CGI

Chaim
Thanks Chaim but the website is under construction at the moment :(
My stepson works for ILM in the visual effects in the London office :D But he can't say what he's working on ( it's a secret ) :confused

Last edited:
Hm, I envy your stepson, eventhough I have no interest of working for ILM or Lucasfilm Ltd. anymore ...

Darth-Vader-Lucas_zps851a2fa4.jpg

. . . now that George Lucas is no longer in charge :cry

Chaim

Update on my bits
I've now cleaned up one of my ears and given it a coat of primer
IMG_5212.JPGIMG_5213.JPGIMG_5215.JPG
Just one more to put together as the pieces are already made that should be simple enough.
ive also made another piece for the side of the mask above the ears and given them a coat of primer
IMG_5217.JPG
I am very happy the way the ears have turned out, having to wait for my "laser cousin " to cut out the pieces I drew for him really gave me a kick up the arse to scratch build my own and holding them is a really good feeling, a pat on my back and very well done.
image.jpg
I really can't wait for my "laser cousin " to get me some more ear pieces cut as they are a @€¥# to cut and file into shape if I'm to make more for other people

The second ear now assembled just need to give it a quick clean up then I will prime this little puppy
IMG_5222.JPG
I will put a pick of both ears on when this one is primed later

Finally got my pairs of ears built and primed, slight titivation before the final colour is added just waiting on final confirmation colour from a helpful member I've been in touch with, and they do pivot ! Why I made them pivot ? I don't know, when they are glued and fixed in place, or probably just in case I need to alter the angles when I'm final fixing them, we shall see !!!
IMG_5224.JPGIMG_5225.JPGIMG_5223.JPG

This week I should see some cut pieces from my " laser cousin " as he is back from his holiday, should have many parts cut for more ears but I need a more productive way of fixing them together as the way I did my scratch built ones was very painful and fiddling.
Im going to spend time now on a jig so I can stamp LTRS on my brow linkage and when my fork linkage arrives I can stamp 1-4 on them also, I'm also going to have a go at drawing up and making the small piece that goes above the ears on both sides

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back