Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Every time I open this thread, it -painfully- reminds me of not having much/ enough time to satify my desire to build props, let alone making any progress with my own DV Reveal helmet.

But at the same time I find joy in following your progress and am in awe about your attention to detail and dedication to the project. I am sure this will set a new standard for us VR builders! :thumbsup

Keep on rocking buddy

Every time I open this thread, it -painfully- reminds me of not having much/ enough time to satify my desire to build props, let alone making any progress with my own DV Reveal helmet.

But at the same time I find joy in following your progress and am in awe about your attention to detail and dedication to the project. I am sure this will set a new standard for us VR builders! :thumbsup

Keep on rocking buddy
Thank Marcus comments like yours means a great deal to newbies like me, it pushes me on and keeps me going, 2 steps forward 1 step back but worth it.

does ANYONE know who has any original dental expanded ( just thought I would ask ) seen some on shapways but prefer original ones shapeways would be my last resort

I only know of a handful people with enough real expanders for a VR, kurtyboy being one of them.

not only are these VERY rare, but EVEN MORE expensive...you´d have to sell a kidney to get some. :(

I have two real expanders, which I plan to use of the VR masks forhead, all other will be cast metal

I only know of a handful people with enough real expanders for a VR, kurtyboy being one of them.

not only are these VERY rare, but EVEN MORE expensive...you´d have to sell a kidney to get some. :(

I have two real expanders, which I plan to use of the VR masks forhead, all other will be cast metal
do you want to buy a kidney !!! :lol
Ive messaged sskunky to see if he had any spare but alas I've not heard back so that's probably a bust

Kurtyboy if your reading this, witch I hope you do from time to time, have you got enough to spare a set ! Buddy, pal, mate, ;)
if not shapeways it might have to be

Double post again

Portumac has very good metalcasts of the dentalexpanders.But you must look that he send you perfect ones.
The only problem is the color...to match the originals you must repaint them.
I also have 2 real expanders...so I know what the real color is.Hard to match.;)

Bengrim - when you say zippers do you mean this part? designed these in CAD a while ago
and got them laser cut in 2mm aluminum

1910250_50834370973_7002_n.jpgDVR-P1.jpg

has anyone used the 3d printed expanders from Shapeways? As I'm also looking for a decent, clean set for my
VR helmet

1910250_50834370973_7002_n.jpg

DVR-P1.jpg

Bengrim - when you say zippers do you mean this part? designed these in CAD a while ago
and got them laser cut in 2mm aluminum

View attachment 705071View attachment 705072

has anyone used the 3d printed expanders from Shapeways? As I'm also looking for a decent, clean set for my
VR helmet
Thems em zippers ( Lancashire dialect ) they are the zippers ( English) I was asking about I'm having some cut in
1mm
1.2mm
1.5mm
I already have some in 2mm from the original batch I had cut, gonk27 says he see's them at 1mm Kroenen77 see's them at 1.5mm blipper and you have them at 2mm !!! So I'm going to have them at 4 different sizes and post a picture to compare them all together and see what matches best for everyone voting and arguments to start when I get them posted:lol
IMG_5628.JPG
This what I ended up with

Shapeways metal printed by CBS props polished nickel steel £34.99 glenross dental expander
View attachment 705269

They look outstanding! I find it incredible how far 3D printing has come. Pricey for a full set but those look like the next best thing to real deal. Nickel I think tarnishes over time to a pale gold colour, the Glenross screws were probably out of date by the time they were used on the VR so you could either wait for these prints to tarnish or give them a light brass/gold-ish tint?

Wish I had some to spare Ben, I occasionally keep an eye out for more but no luck so far.

If that's sskunkys real name I've messaged him on the RPF and not heard from him as yet

Ben

That's the fella. He's a busy chap at the moment but I'm sure he'll be in touch.

They look outstanding! I find it incredible how far 3D printing has come. Pricey for a full set but those look like the next best thing to real deal. Nickel I think tarnishes over time to a pale gold colour, the Glenross screws were probably out of date by the time they were used on the VR so you could either wait for these prints to tarnish or give them a light brass/gold-ish tint?

Wish I had some to spare Ben, I occasionally keep an eye out for more but no luck so far.

That's the fella. He's a busy chap at the moment but I'm sure he'll be in touch.

They also have the smaller one for £16.07

Attachments

• IMG_5629.PNG
    IMG_5629.PNG
    768.7 KB · Views: 116
closest thing I could find on the net similar to the original dental expander, with a bit of modding or filing could look like the
glen ross expanders
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'm not all that clued up on the expander as yet but what are the 2 actual sizes that are used on the DV reveal

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back