Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Thanks chaps onwards and upwards
goodbye 2016 it's been good but unforgiving
welcome 2017
to all that read my thread I hope you all have a prosperous 2017
enjoy it to the best of your abilities don't pass up an opportunity and let go the doubt
thanks for reading and your support x

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
had my vocoder parts delivered today
IMG_0628.JPGIMG_0629.JPG
My shutter back plate turned up
IMG_0631.JPG
Nose / lip guard from the lower part of the shutter mesh, just a test piece as I need to bend it for size and polish it or chrome plate it ( not decided as yet )
IMG_0632.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG
Ive redrawn and had cut the crown linkage and brow linkage again to save my fingers from fine refinements. The lettering ( LTRS ) haven't decided how to tackle this as yet

ive also received my foam for my inner crown from kurtyboy, thanks Marcus always a pleasure
IMG_0630.JPG
Still waitng on other recuts to come back, the main face linkage version 5.2 lol, the other brow linkage without holes and this one ( name !!! )
image.jpg
NAME side crown hook whatsit
back plate for the side crown whatsit has been cut

image.jpg
Chop chop busy busy work work bang bang !!!
lovin it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
Looking for HELP
is there anybody out there with any reference pictures of the internals of the vader reveal mask apart from those already on the internet from the Paris expo That gladus63 has already posted I'm looking for finer details and different angles of this part I'm currently calling it the nose / lip guard

IMG_5519.PNG

Last edited:
Hahaha! That's what I said in 2016 but I'm still in the same spot[emoji38]

would that be because as all builders do we take to much on and start to many little projects !!!!!! Like me this year I've started planning 3 more projects.
1, mad eye Moody false leg.
2, Harry Potter golden snitch
3,Some personal Vader art in display frames !! Hard to explain but you will see in time.

whats in the future for other people's builds ?

would that be because as all builders do we take to much on and start to many little projects !!!!!! Like me this year I've started planning 3 more projects.
1, mad eye Moody false leg.
2, Harry Potter golden snitch
3,Some personal Vader art in display frames !! Hard to explain but you will see in time.

whats in the future for other people's builds ?
I'm doing vader, golden snitch, 66 batman, two fetts, and R2 and tons of other stuff[emoji38] .

Re-drawn the nose/lip guard I wasn't happy with the shape and I'm getting it cut from thinner metal as bending to this shape will be a challenge
image.jpg
IMG_5519.PNG

Refined pieces
image.jpg
Piece 2 now has the nick taken out of the arm the 2 holes are now slightly oval and the front leg has been staggered back

image.jpg
The internal corners on the legs have also been altered to be rounded and not corners (Square) you can also see the slight difference to the hole, not to noticeable the corners or hole but they have been bugging me from the first attempt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
image.jpgJust putting together a few bags of bits, I need to keep an eye on what I'm doing, many parts and not enough organisation, I'm also going to refine each bag as I go along don't want it to get monotonous doing the same piece over and over, should have some recuts/refined pieces back today

Last edited:
Doing a spot of research on the second disc under the main top crown disc, very interesting reading and very lightened but no golden egg
did some close up pics of the second and ive noticed that it has holes drilled through it !!! Yes we all know that !!! Not through the top but along its edge also through the top there are threads for fixings
IMG_0640.JPGIMG_0641.JPGIMG_0642.JPGIMG_0644.JPGIMG_0646.JPG
I've benn looking at VHS heads Betamax heads and finally to data tape drive heads and the internals of these items look promising but I'm not holding my breath as yet

Tax returns to do now for a few days no more work on Vader for a few days

IMG_5545.JPG
IMG_5546.JPG
Attempt 5.2 is back and I'm very pleased with the results
IMG_5544.JPG
Crown arrow recut is back back and I'm very happy with that little puppy
IMG_5547.JPG
The foot / fork of the linkage turned out nice
IMG_5548.JPG
Recut brow linkages with and without holes done apart from the lettering
IMG_5549.JPG
Lip / nose guard reshape and recut back but cut on the wrong thickness not easy to bend but I will try until the correct cuts turn up
IMG_5550.JPG
Crown linkage back

your thoughts please ladies and gents all criticism is welcome my wife will cuddle and comfort me if I get upset and I won't hold it against you

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back