Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Thank you
Why half finished ? you must carry on and post your pics the more the merrier

One of many, many projects that remain semi-complete I'm afraid. I went through a major period of self-doubt in my own abilities that led to procrastination that persists to this day. To give you an idea of how long I've been working on my reveal helmet- I helped create the vaderrevealed ezboard/yuku back in 2002 (http://darthvaderrevealed.yuku.com/). I see you were the last person to post there almost a year ago!

One of many, many projects that remain semi-complete I'm afraid. I went through a major period of self-doubt in my own abilities that led to procrastination that persists to this day. To give you an idea of how long I've been working on my reveal helmet- I helped create the vaderrevealed ezboard/yuku back in 2002 (http://darthvaderrevealed.yuku.com/). I see you were the last person to post there almost a year ago!
yuku and the RPF have both inspired me to start my reveal, been reading them for years but never joined didn't get a reply from yuku so I joined here, and started my build,
i hope you find time and your abilities to finish your projects most of all your DV reveal as seeing all the other DV reveals unfold they inspired me to get on with mine and I hope that ours could inspire others to do the same.
One last note my grandfather ( a very wise old man) told me on many occasions " it doesn't matter when you do it just make sure you do do it or you will regret it "

So I'm doing it !

Ok people I'm not going to tell you a joke I'm going to show you one, heaven knows I've got a big challenge on but I love a challenge.
here is the Vader helmet I bought off a very well known auction site about 4 years ago and stuck it away. NOW looking at all the other reveal projects that are going on and from the past I think I'm going to turn this lump of moulded fibreglass that's trying to look like a sad Darth Vader into the one and only Mr Darth Vader himself.
OMG the cutting sanding bashing and swearing that's going to be going on in my work shop, I think the nuns are going to have to find somewhere else to live.
View attachment 638808View attachment 638810View attachment 638811View attachment 638817
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Ive got heart burn now where's my Zantac

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.2 KB · Views: 413
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Ok so I've had some bits back and they have turned out OK
not 100% happy with the holes so I'm going to alter the drawing and get them re-cut but the ones without the hole are fine and dandy just a bit of a clean up and polish and a little bit of tweaking then job done on them little puppies again got more than I need but as before it would be rude not to
image.jpeg

Just picked up a random vintage camera for £10 spares or repair and pulled it apart just out of curiosity I must admit it's not screen accurate but pleased with the overall look of it, picking 2 more up next week just to have a look inside, I know what I should be looking for but they are highly priced at the moment
image.jpeg
The original
image.jpg
QUESTION what sits inside the lense ?

Got my second lense today the camera was bought spares or repair couldn't destroy a perfectly good camera apart BUT I damaged the centre not to worry got another coming tomorrow
it's not exactly the same as the left lense but close enough for me
image.jpeg
Here is the original
image.jpg

Last edited:
Been busy drawing up some more parts for my " laser cousin" to cut out just need to add some dimensions BOY the linkages are a bit of a pain in the neck to scale up
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png
Now the hardest part is to get the hinge/pivot/blanks to look right

Oh and I've also drawn up a fresh linkage/fork I wasn't happy with my first attempt
image.png
This is the drawing for my second attempt
image.png
Cant wait for them to come back

Had a bunch of stuff delivered from my " laser cousin " this evening, didn't realise that 3 months work drawing re-drawing and drawing would look this good
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Apart from the last pic of the fork linkages waiting for the re-cuts to come back
got my other camera today for the left hand lense will pull that little puppy apart Sunday evening ( not the puppy !!! The CAMERA)!

Just going to go off track for a moment stick with me while I gloat with proudness
met with my son today in Birmingham to watch him play in the softball nationals and he gave me 3 presents ( pictures will follow ). He has studied hard and worked had to get where he is, he has been working in the movie business for 9 years now with various visual effects company's working on fantastic movies Percy Jackson, wolf man, Harry Potter, Marvel movies,
promethious and many many more, working long hours from the bottom up. Now for about 2 months he has worked for my all time favourite visual effects company ILM London working on DR Strange and another couple of others that are due for release Christmas 2016 and 2017 (a long time ago in a galaxy far away ) !!! So there's my gloat and just to say I'm so proud of him ( work hard chase your dreams does really work )

My gifts maybe don't mean to much to you but to me PRICELESS
ILM lanyard
2 pin badges one for Civil War and one for The Revenant only available to ILM staff and more to come when available
Thanks for reading of how proud I am of him
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Thanks ABE
when I've got some more items together I would probably put a kit together just need to refine a few pieces and then put them on show for members to look at and if they are as they should be and good enough for a reveal build then I don't see why they couldn't buy what ever part they need
I've had some interest in different bits so there is some hope of kits going on sale
The more that are interested the more extras I will get made
It's also down to previous reveal builders to let me know if they are good enough as they have parts in hand I've been in touch with some builders and they have shared some measurements so it's looking good

Ben

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back