Correct soda charger for Han ANH belt greebly

H0llyw00d

Sr Member
I know it's not a Sparklets, (which I think has been determined as screen accurate) but I ran across these vintage ISI chargers and my question is are they the correct color? I'm thinking about throwing the remaining 9 in the box up on the junkyard. Any knowledge/input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Guys!

IMG_20160513_140809796.jpgIMG_20160513_140845168.jpg

Sorry if I missed a thread but can someone tell me when it was determined that these were soda chargers?

I always thought they were tanks from a MicroFlame torch, the same one that was used as the Jawa tool to put R2's restraining bolt on.
I thought this was common knowledge so I'm curious to read up on new info that suggests they were soda chargers.

DSCF9673.jpg
Screen Shot 02-26-17 at 05.31 PM.PNG

This info has been on the partsofsw.com website for a long time :

Schermafbeelding%202017-02-27%20om%2002.21.28_zpsmubrexve.PNG

The CO2 bulbs seem smaller than the tanks used in the Micro Flame Torch though I'm not certain :)

Chaïm

Last edited:
I had heard that the sparklets tanks were too big, hence why it was more likely a micro flame tank. interesting. I wonder if they're identical except for the label (which you can't see).

The diameters are always the same, the length differs according to the contents. For ANH they used green 8g Soda bulbs. The cylinders are about 6.3 cm (2.5 inches) long and 1.8 cm (0.7 inches) wide.

For me that only says one thing .... with only seeing the top stick out from the belt-loop, we can not know what was used.

I don't agree completely.
First, In the 70s, 8g cartridges were by far the most usual size. Second, it is agreed that the Han Solo ANH belt is two inches wide, which fits perfectly to an 8g cartridge which protrudes slightly over the top. Third, the green color matches the Sparklet CO2 cartridges, so why should they have used micro flame tanks and have painted them sparklet-soda bulb green?

573549e23969d61167337b54a10910be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

How different is the green?

First, In the 70s, 8g cartridges were by far the most usual size. Second, it is agreed that the Han Solo ANH belt is two inches wide, which fits perfectly to an 8g cartridge which protrudes slightly over the top. Third, the green color matches the Sparklet CO2 cartridges, so why should they have used micro flame tanks and have painted them sparklet-soda bulb green?

Some microflame tanks are green. (I agree they look like Sparklets tanks, however).
s-l1600.jpg

Sorry to stray off topic a bit, but does anyone still make the white boxes? I'm in need of a set.

Solo's Hold has some nice aluminum ones. He took some liberties with the part you don't see so they're more "interpretations" than 100% accurate, but they look really nice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back