Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon's New Bike Replica Build

Oh, what was the dealio with the carb re-jet kit? My neighbor who works on dirtbikes mentioned that cutting the pipes may require re-jetting and such, is that why you did that?

Yeah, any modification at all to intake and exhaust requires re-jetting. Hell, even stock setups need to be re-jetted to run optimally. Head on over to carbjetkits.com and they have a handy calculator that tells you what combo you need for the pods and open exhaust with your elevation and temperature.

Tank looks damn good, did you spray over with a flat clear coat to protect it? Also, did you weld your fake patch plate, or use adhesive on it? I was planning on welding mine.

As for the petcocks, the guys on the other forum said they were Mikexs ones. It looks like CM ordered the tank and petcocks there.

As for wiring and battery, spend some time looking at some cafe builds. The entire under seat area usually gets closed off from the bottom forming a large tray for everything. Not calling the Top Bikes of Coventry build lazy, but Im sure it came down to alot of variables. More than likely the client didn't want to pay for the additional labor for simplifying the wiring or the tray build.

Thank goodness! It arrived today safe and sound.

20160608_170701.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I welded on the patch very lightly, just small tacks.. clear coated with **** can matte, do think i'll redo it though just to tone it down a bit and retain more of the raw silver of the tank..

Got my wheels back today, damn I felt like an expectant father hoping they wouldn't get scratched with the rubber install!
IMG_2800.JPG

haven't stuck it up under the frame yet but doesn't appear that there will be any clearance issues. Will get them under and on tomorrow just to make sure before sending the frame in for powder coating.. Should be able to get the engine painted and prepped for install then will just be awaiting the triple trees.. in the down time i'll clean up my damn messy garage!

IMG_2807.JPG

The pic that Mikesx has for a petcock doesn't look like it has the little brass plug sticking out the back, i'll look again.. found this one overseas but cant recall vendor.. i'll get them figured out and order the set this weekend, need hot work done first!
petcock.jpg

Totally scored today for the right color leather for the seat (not sure if they used leather or vinyl for the actual bikes but I'm doing leather),
and canvas for the mid bike bag (an offwhite tablecloth, it'll need some coloring but is heavy enough and I've got plenty of material to do it again. Only cheap stuff I've rant into thus far! lol

Any thoughts on the front master cylinder nipple relocating vice replacement? (can it be rotated?)

Tires look good man. Im probably taking mine in tomorrow to get mounted.

I found the petcocks, pricey ****ers at $83 each. Im currently trying to find a cheaper source. They will need to be modified as the little arm hits the frame while being turned, at least on the stock ones. Leaving them as stock will prevent you from shutting them off.

petcock.png

As for the seat, it was made out of leather by Mike Baird. The color is gonna be tough to nail down as it looks different shades in different lighting. Not bad ideas for sourcing the materials cheaply, I was planning on hitting up Tandy for the leather and Joanns for the canvas.

So I took a chance on the nipple and it can in fact be rotated to point up.

I mounted up one of my 970s....fits like a damn glove. If you havn't gotten yours yet, I HIGHLY recommend the eBay seller speedaddictcycles.

20160608_195424.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

For painting the frame, is the powder coat going to be textured? Some of the shots of the bike make it look it was sprayed with rattle can bedliner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your probably aware but if not i'll mention it, the early tanks had a 42.5mm center to center on the mounting holes, the later 78+ I think had a 46mm.. Let me know what Mike says cause i'll pick them up to if he has the early ones (my tank is a 74). I pinged the cat on ebay that had the later single side that appears to be right with the brass bolt head to see if he can give me his source for them.. The sudco is correct he mentioned that on the listing along with another MFG name that I can't recall)

Picked up another leather jacket for the seat, to me it looks spot on color wise, going to strip cut/sew it against the backer material and hopefully it will be good, tablecloth is for late model high back chair tables.. those tall ones with highback chairs.. it looks plenty heavy enough but will need some coloring or oiling.. the purse I got for the snaps and realized I maybe be able to use it for the pockets.. the belts just to have the extra choices to match the color.. all of that stuff at thrift store was 18 bucks! lol
Photo Jun 09, 10 38 52 AM.jpg

I haven't gotten the shocks yet so i'll get them from the cat you recommend, but your certain on the 13.6?

When I got home last night (work nights) I went out and was messing with the master cylinder but was afraid to really torque it.. didn't hear any snapping or anything when you did yours??

On the frame I'm opting to simply have it blasted and powder coated at 20% in a flat black, haven't noticed the texture but after I get it back if there is i'll add it with aerosol's... all the patina/scratches and such i'll do with cans..

Last edited:
Well....****. Classified called me today about my tree swap. The Nighthawk stem I sent them was apparently too damaged to use. The extent of the damage wasn't seen until the stem itself was pressed out, but holy crap... So I ordered up another one on eBay and I am having it sent straight to them.

stem.png

Some good news for today though, my MikeXS reservoir came.

20160609_165109.jpg

Got my Kenda's mounted. I will be rattle canning them to go for the ultimate "piece together" look. I may powder coat in the future, but budget dictates....

20160609_160543.jpg

The D.I.D. chain and Oury grips came as well.

20160609_165045.jpg

Last edited:
Ive never considered a run, but Im sure AMC would have a cease and desist for me if I did. Classified Moto isn't allowed to make them anymore and they are even hesitant to give out too much info on the bike due to the relationship they have. I'm actually surprised we have gotten as much info out of them as we have. The other deterrent is cost, I dont know about 63ssragtop, but im in the project for $6k so far not including labor.

As far as progress, I think 63ssragtop and I are definitely finishing our bikes.

Last edited:
That sucks, texted John at Certified Moto to see if they had gotten my triple trees and said they were actually just pressing them together.. I have a spare lower if you need it to save some time.. I would like one when you find it though for the next bike (think I'm going to do a YS920 Virago).

Thought I'd made some money on the petcock issue but not so much..

Did get some more hotwork done today, finishing up tomorrow and dropping for powder :)
IMG_2819.JPG

Also got in my stryker strykezone today, cant wait to play with it this weekend!
FullSizeRender.jpg
What did they use for the rear muffler caps? any idea?
Did you happen to get part numbers for the dual nipple and separate brake lines up front, happen to have that sorted out yet?

Last edited:
Gotta one up me with the crossbow eh? lol

Ive been eyeing them, but man, they are almost as much as the damn suspension...

Im hoping to make some progress on the fabrication this weekend. I have the template cut for the kickstarter plate, I just need to find tubing for the spring shaft to mount in. That and I have to find a local supplier of the 1" tubing for the hoop.

Muffler caps....John said I just had to interpret them. The perforated part is stainless, the socket caps are 1/4" 20 I think, and the band as best I can tell is 1/8" or 1/16" x 1" that has been rolled.

Brake lines, I posted the part numbers you needed on page 2. The only thing I don't have yet is the lengths of the lines. Im waiting for my front end to be assembled so I can get accurate measurements. (40 degree banjos @ master (D115C), 20 degree lateral banjos @ caliper (1400), 10x1.25 bolt at master (D009B), 10x1.25 bolts @ calipers (D008B))

Yeah I wasn't crazy about getting the crossbow just yet due to $$$ and I've still got to get the stock wrapped in the correct digital green camo (has woodlands green on mine), have the arrows coming off ebay for 30 bucks, I really do want to shoot it though, never played with one!

I'm hoping the kickstart shaft comes in today otherwise i'll have to wait till Monday to drop the frame off.. I cant tell for sure but l am taking off all of the center stand mounting brackets and its a pain in the butt! Talked to the local law enforcement in regards to the plate so I'm mounting it a little forward and slightly tilted on the bracket towards the rear of the seat frame area. Have to figure out the correct shorai battery today to get the box built up for it, I'm going as high as I can and forward below the seat, going to put mounts on the outside of the frame for the relays and such.

Have any idea which specific battery (smallest) will work for the required cranking amps? I'm going to call them now to see if I can get dimensions/digits of smallest battery with same specs as stock CB750

Not sure if you'd discovered it but I was l wondering where in the hell I was going to get the anodized washers.. looked online then walked through home depot one day and there they were, along with the right clips and D-rings in the little organizer they have.. kinda cracked me up!

Yeah my buddy was saying it looked like rolled stainless on the exhaust band so I guess that's the route i'll be going..

was just scratching my head looking at the release mechanism for the stock rear seat and think I may go ahead and incorporate it with a very small dongle, just up under the frame.. it'd be great way to access the empty area in the battery bag area (which I will separate internally, for little things on road trips)

Score, got both the long shaft the CL350 shafts in today so it's off to the garage to play with getting it mounted and functioning!

Did get some info from Shorai on the battery sizes.. Option 1 or 2 initially look to be the right answer, not to sure about dropping specs for size on that last option but will look at it closer later!
Photo Jun 10, 1 34 19 PM.jpg

Got the tank bracket off and other useless mounts ground down tonight. That tank bracket was a PITA to get off.

20160610_204453.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back