Reznor9's Batman Beyond Batarang

Reznor9

Sr Member
Been going crazy with the batarangs as of late. So here is another. I've seen a lot of the generic looking batman beyond batarangs and decided to do something different. Taken from the Arkham Knight design.

Modeled and printing as we speak.

26317131744_6f249e31dd_c.jpg

26310722044_f47a08e9ae_c.jpg

26310722034_80808a8f2b_c.jpg

Last edited:
Split the model in half so I don't have to use supports on the bevels.
Currently printing the first one using .1 shell thickness. Hopefully the details are transferred correctly. I'll post progress of this build as I get to it.

Ok for steel cast it's very difficult. But you can cast on aluminium or, more easy on white metal, you can make a mold on silicon (for hot temperature) . For exemple i have make this Goonies item with silicon mold and white metal :

And the batman logo on this lamp is only on white metal and the mold was plaster :

And this one with plaster mold and white metal (two sides mold) :

Not more difficult than resin cast, realy ! Juste elecro plated after !

Decided to use a new ABS filament on this and the print came out a little messy... not so much that I can't clean it up, but its not as good a print as Im used to... anyhow, I was playing with different dimensions as my first print came out a bit too thin... after thickening up the model and also increasing the circumference of the batarang I think Im satisfied with the dimensions of this print and will move on to cleaning it up and getting it ready to mold.

26343593833_739f05213e.jpg

26343570313_493f48f044.jpg

26343568293_7db4d21e66.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If interested, here is a little video to better give you guys a grasp of the batarangs dimesnsions.

26879981461_336c36e21f.jpg

31757250554_214c03525c_c.jpg
Untitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

Just took a couple images of the test print which were a little nicer than the ones before. Thanks for the compliments guys. Was nice to pull this out of the closet and throw some paint on it finally. Going to print this up again and see if I can get a moldable master out of it.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back