Ronan The Accuser Build 2016 - Completed

Re: Another Ronan The Accuser Build 2016

My attempt at the pant details.

I decided this is the base design that I can see.
Top strap to the oval then the angled, cured bands. Some pictures and movie reveal more details and some shots not so much.
At the knee it really changes and looks like it is more rounded strapping and is flipped/opposite direction upside-down the shin.

legs3.png leg_pattern.png

I cannot tell as the boots are worn all times so I just left it off and ended at the knee.
Bought a pair of plain as possible faux black leather pants, 1 size up to account for some shrinking.

Drew my pattern on one of my plastic template sheets.
I have hundreds of these white thin plastic sheets I get from work from metal plate packing seperators. They are stout
and you can cut them with scissors. Make great template material. And I have used my share on this project so glad I have them.

DSCN6905.JPG

Cut out the pattern from my stock of fabric.
This ones a lightly textured faux black fabric a tad bit shinnier than the pants.
Looks like his are too [probably made of rubber] I'll dull them down a bit when I PD spray them.
I previously glued the oval EVA foam disks to the thigh pieces the previous day so it would all be dry for gluing to pant leg next.

DSCN6907.JPG

Layout fit, trim and start the gluing process.

DSCN6915.JPG DSCN6923.JPG

One side done, on to next.

DSCN6931.JPG

Both sides done and sprayed once over to clean up some glue lines.
I used E6000 to glue it all together so it was "again" a pita to not get glue hairs and strands all over everything.
I need to just add the top strap detail on top of each oval [TBD] and final coat/seal and done.

DSCN6935.JPG

Now on to undershirt armpit band details again.
This is the last push for details before I finish cleaning up and do the war paint for the final display.

Update:

Collar/Bolero 99% completed with the burgundy stripping as I wanted.
I need to try the stencil I made now and paint on some of the arm tiles in gold to finish it off.
Again wont really see any of it but I did want it as it was on my main list.

DSCN7278.JPG DSCN7279.JPG

Boots done.
Again not 100% accurate, but came out great and fit like a glove.

DSCN7280.JPG DSCN7281.JPG DSCN7282.JPG

Now to get some hi-res pics next week in full costume [no makeup] and then war paint/weather pretty much destroy it time!!!
There is no going back from that so if it doesn't work out at least I have posted this all in a thread. lol

OK, all done.

Here are some PHX FanFest pics I got in full costume. [first time in full setup]
I just got back and it was a blast, lots of great costumes for sure.

There are lots more out there but these were the only ones I have of me right now.
If I find some more that are any good I'll post em up.

This project is completed.

pic_1.png pic_12.png ronan2.png fanfest_2016_ronan.jpg

.DSCN0710.JPG DSCN0714.JPG DSCN0717.JPG DSCN0720.JPG
ronan_2016.pngseen.jpg

Last edited:

Halloween 2016.

Here are a couple of family photos, having fun tonight.
2016_hallows_family1.png hallow5.png hallow11.jpg

Won first place at office party, man this trophy was awesome and heavy.
Had to battle the Queen Alien for the title.

first_place_4.png halloween_2016.jpg

Last edited:
This build was fun and at the end [does it] I was able to wear my costume three times. [whoot]
The last event I attended was Kikoricon a local anime con here in town, I didn't even know about. [wtf].
I entered the masquerade and craftsmanship category just because, hey what the hell.

Here's a vid of final madness on stage.
Was great fun, I'll do this again.

http://www.ra-limited.com/File_Archive/Ronan/MVI_3387.MOV

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back