"Jurassic Park" costume mannequin display suggestion?

Hi,
I was thinking of adding a half mannequin featuring an employee type uniform from "Jurassic Park" to my gameroom/mancave and wanted to take a quick poll on which, if any, costume would be the best/"coolest".

I already have an original JP poster framed and on my wall and was just thinking about adding an extra display piece to go with it (it'd sit on a bookcase in front of the poster).

This is the style of mannequin I'd be using:

!BoNI9uwBmk~$(KGrHqYH-DQEtyRCSF7jBLmmWmrMVg~~_12.JPG

(Though the maker also has a few other face styles to choose from including an African American model)

I suppose the options would be:

Paddock Worker/Dinosaur Handler:

jpw.jpg

Jeep Driver:

Employee4.png

Vet:

Harding2.png

I'd also consider doing a worker from "Jurassic World" as there are way more options and variety to choose from but I already have the JP poster and feel anything from the original will always be more iconic/recognizable but am open to suggestions. :)

employees.png

If there's any JP fans (or anyone who wants to for that matter), please feel free to give me your opinions/suggestions/thoughts, etc. Would like some feedback on this as I'm very uncertain on which look (display piece) would be the most fun/satisfying.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I think the vet would be more fun overall, but if you're concerned with recognizable, I'd go with the dinosaur handler. Those orange hard hats are instantly identifiable.

I would vote for the handler as well! The vest would look best for only a half display. Post up as you progress!

Yeah, I'm partial to the dino handler / push team / raptor snack as well.

LMK if you need references, I have some, not great, but better than nothing :)

-MJ

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm partial to the dino handler / push team / raptor snack as well.

LMK if you need references, I have some, not great, but better than nothing :)

-MJ

Sure will; thank you!!

And thanks for the short round of other suggestions as well. Yeah, I think a member of the Push Team *may* be the best, most interesting way to go...

I was also *contemplating* just doing a Robert Muldoon torso display in the same fashion with a replica SPAS placed before him on the table top but I understand that the airsoft gun of this weapon (with the accurate folding stock) is exceedingly rare, not too mention exceedingly expensive. As well as the correct vintage 'moon shaped' vest.

tumblr_ld6o866H5E1qc489fo1_500.png

Any thoughts/feedback on that, though, as an alternative?

Thanks,
Mike

I like Muldoon as a character... IIRC, that's an old-fashioned bird hunting vest. I think Muldoon would be a little less recognizable than the push team guy, he doesn't have a couple big logos on him. He does have an ID tag. I think Muldoon might be cheaper to put together from close, off-the-shelf items, with the exception of the shotgun.

-MJ

Do a Muldoon "After the Attack" costume with blood splatter, rips and chunks missing out of the hat and vest! :lol

I would recommend just props around the poster - raptor hatching egg, barbersoll can, jp hard hat itself, id badge, etc. Thats one movie where the props are more iconic to the story than the costumes are imo.

I do the Muldoon costuming, and for display purposes I'd suggest most anything other than him. Don't get me wrong, I love the character, but as a display it's not real recogniseable. Heck, his ID card just says INGEN on it. At least the ID badges from Jurassic World had the company/park logo on them. :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back