The Tattooine Lounge

Well, I started making what I want to resemble the air filter things in the background on the bench of the falcon. Here are a few shots of the early concepts.

right back wall air filters 00.jpg right back wall air filters 01.jpg

I then got distracted because of a currency issue. I wanted a specific set of lights and I couldn't grasp the idea of spending $20+ per light. So, I distracted my thoughts of that and decided to make a new work tray. Yes, it will be "themed"...

Here are some of the in progress results of this distraction..

First we had to cut out the part we didn't need.

Base plate 00.jpg

I then (sort of) added some bondo to smooth it out a bit even though it shouldn't ever be seen by clients.

Base plate 01.jpg

I then flipped it and used some of my previous knowledge from the Bin to get some lighting in a cool place.

base plate 02.jpg

What's nice to know, is that the Death Star fits where I wanted it to.

Base plate 03.jpg

And of course, the lights are still being trivial but the holes are there now and we can start moving forward!

base plate 04.jpg

I started working on the supports for the second level (that I just have to have).

Decided to make the support columns as complicated as I could with what knowledge I have and made these..

right and center columns 00.jpg right and center columns 01.jpg right and center columns 02.jpg center column 04.jpg center column 03.jpg Center column 00.jpg center column 05.jpg right column 02.jpgright column 01.jpgright column 04.jpg right and center columns 03.jpg

Here is the idea with the second shelf added.

getting the idea 00.jpggetting the idea 01.jpggetting the idea 02.jpg

Remember those lights I've been wanting but couldn't bring myself to buy them?

I found a cheaper and not as amazingly awesome as the expensive ones, but they still work and I feel more accomplished..

Here you go with this discovery..

round lights 00.jpg

I then used some ornament globes I found a while back that I cut the tops out of them like so..

round lights 01.jpg

Some of you see where I'm going with this already, for those who don't, here's more

round lights 02.jpg

to be continued....

I then painted them chrome..

round lights 03.jpg

Used some transparent model paint..

round lights 04.jpg

Some of those took, some didn't. I'll put that in another piece.

I then added a diffuser (piece of transfer paper) and an LED and voila!

round lights 05.jpg

Here's the other colors not lit but same difference.

round lights 06.jpg

I got some more but I'll add that at a later date.

night testing.jpg

Here's a night shot with the bubble lamps lit.

Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:
Best update so far!!! Loving those panel lights. Excellent find and use of greeblies.Looking forward to seeing more. : )

Thank you sir. You should see what I just figured out tonight.. I might post that sooner than later but I got a few more things to check on but I might be able to get those concentric expanding circle deigns inside the lens without too much effort. I know ai can get at least 2 of them.. HA!

Oh yeah, I am totally jealous of Fuzzy for getting to drop in and get some hands on..

Just a FYI, I’m still working on the lounge and a lot has been going on in my life and I have a really bad tendency to not update. Just a preview of the soon to be up coming post.
02af259279ad6df8cb4a34e564c2c07c.jpg

Trust me, I’m still chipping away at the bench...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back