Collecting and the Minimalist Mindset

Raza Crew

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been thinking lately about moving to a more minimalist mindset in my life. In recent years I've let the completist mindset creep back in with all my collections (props, comics, RPG, statues, etc).

I'd love to hear from any other collectors who might have gone through this and see what they kept and why. Also would love to see pics of pared down collections/displays, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work in a museum, I eventually gave up and accepted I'm going to remain a maximalist all my life. The trick is to avoid becoming a hoarder. I married and moved house a couple of times, which very effectively put a spanner in my hoarding...

Last edited:
I think that in a lot of ways, presentation/display can add a sense of "minimalism" even if the actual collection is sprawling and varied. For instance, with comic books, I think this is a great way to simplify the look while keeping an extensive collection behind the scenes:

67db863b962d76d2fcabcc06d203994b.jpg

I give stuff away to stay at a minimalist mindset. doesn't work tho. I still want more stuff...:lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back