Rogue One Vader costume

We don't know if the person in the Vader photo is the actor we will see on screen. It could just be someone modelling the suit and it doesn't fit very well.

It doesn't help that the photo is from the side and the model has his elbows sticking out.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

As much as I want to get worried I'll hold off judgements until we see more screen shots or official images from the film.

Well based on all the flak us trooper costumers have been getting from all the noobies, for complaining about all the Rogue One changes to the stormtroopers, don't expect any sympathy. You Vader guys, you have fun with this one :lol :popcorn

Last edited:
It isn't just noobies that understand why the stormtrooper changes were made. Some think they should not have changed at all and others understand props for a much larger budget film made 40 years later will most likely use updated designs for numerous reasons.

Episode 3 Vader design is noticeably different than ANH. I would be surprised if R1 Vader is exactly like ANH.

It's more common for the designs to be updated than to not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Come on guys it's clear that they just don't care like we do. Both the trooper and Now Vader. I'm looking forward to the movie but am so disappointed with the direction they have taken the costumes. Im moving on now in the hope that it will be a good movie.

Ben

I can hear it now from the Rogue One apologists, "well Vader probably has two suits, the others probably in the wash". Or maybe "they had to change the shape of the helmet so it would be easier to move around in". :D

My favorite will be "they had to fresh in it up for today's modern audience". You know because the original costume was crappy and dated looking.:facepalm

I guarantee Lucasfilm very much cares about the designs of the costumes. They just don't agree with the idea that they must look exactly like the costumes from 40 years ago. The original costumes were made on a tight schedule with a low budget. They view this as an opportunity to make the costumes the way they should have been originally.

Even if it wasn't that, they don't have a great track record of being consistent with the costumes even in the same film. What makes anyone think they will start worrying about that now?

The original suits still exist. A new movie doesn't change anything that you already like. There's nothing wrong with having more choices.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Problem is the "artist" who sculpted the original Stormtrooper understood the contours of the body, the flow from one part to another making a seamless encapsulated body suit. They understood those forms intimately and carried it over to each part of the armor to the next.This new suit features oversized and disproportionate limbs and gaps that the titanic could sail through. The Artist in question for the original body armor is Brian Muir and damn that guy is a sensational artist.The person who has made the new Stormtrooper basically copied that artwork but in translation lost the body contours and the seamless harmony between each piece. 98% of the population don't understand the above and won't care,but don't knock those who do.The helmet is ok but the body armor is just an insult to the original sculpt pure and simple. And the excuses for it are just sad. Sure the original suits were put together rough and quick but don't confuse that with the beauty of the original sculpt.

Ben

I can hear it now from the Rogue One apologists, "well Vader probably has two suits, the others probably in the wash". Or maybe "they had to change the shape of the helmet so it would be easier to move around in". :D

My favorite will be "they had to fresh in it up for today's modern audience". You know because the original costume was crappy and dated looking.:facepalm

Just look at the poor Stormtroopers washing their suits

stormtrooper_pink.jpg

Problem is the "artist" who sculpted the original Stormtrooper understood the contours of the body, the flow from one part to another making a seamless encapsulated body suit. They understood those forms intimately and carried it over to each part of the armor to the next.This new suit features oversized and disproportionate limbs and gaps that the titanic could sail through. The Artist in question for the original body armor is Brian Muir and damn that guy is a sensational artist.The person who has made the new Stormtrooper basically copied that artwork but in translation lost the body contours and the seamless harmony between each piece. 98% of the population don't understand the above and won't care,but don't knock those who do.The helmet is ok but the body armor is just an insult to the original sculpt pure and simple. And the excuses for it are just sad. Sure the original suits were put together rough and quick but don't confuse that with the beauty of the original sculpt.

Ben

Brian Muir's sculpting skills are unparalleled. He indeed made a suit of armor that is flowing naturally, and looks fantastic even by today's standards

This. This. Double this.

Ben

What I find interesting is, so far in this thread, MOST complaints about the Rogue One Darth Vader is about the man under the armor, not the armor itself.

I'm certainly not an ANH Vader expert, but I don't see any oversized/undersized parts or major details omitted and/or changed.

On the whole, he looks pretty much like a passable ANH Vader.

However, I am curious to hear from Vader experts to point out what is wrong with this suit.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back