Rogue One Vader costume

Short docu clip with more Vader BTS shots [video]http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2017/03/new-rogue-one-blu-ray-special-features.html[/video]

Has @DINVADER said, there is a short featurette about Darth Vader here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZHjiyUoWY
And here are some exclusive screen grabs ^^ :
Capture d’écran 2017-03-21 à 23.34.32.pngCapture d’écran 2017-03-21 à 23.34.35.pngCapture d’écran 2017-03-21 à 23.34.51.pngCapture d’écran 2017-03-21 à 23.34.53.pngCapture d’écran 2017-03-21 à 23.34.56.png
It seems that there were plans to see Vader walking off his ship in the movie ... I hope we'll get a lot of cutscenes

So is the consensus that they actually did CGI the inner robe over his chest armor? Do angry fanboys really make that much of an impact? Is Disney here now? Can we has more Darth Vader movies, plz?

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, fellas. Are we really going to say this is worse than ROTS? Completely redesigned helmet and armor, with no offsetting benefit? ('Nooooooo') versus R1 with a bad cod(only visible in stills), actors without the chest measurements required, and inconsistent armor over/under robes? At least R1 redeems any issues with the slaughter scene none of us would have dared imagine. I'm still completely jazzed about the film and the upcoming DVD release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Bob Anderson didn't have a big chest either. People seem to forget about him in the original trilogy. Kermit Ellner wore the Vader suit in most of the publicity Stills for a new hope and I never had any idea it was him and not Prowse. And Kermit did not have a bodybuilders body or chest.

And Bob Anderson didn't have a big chest either. People seem to forget about him in the original trilogy. Kermit Ellner wore the Vader suit in most of the publicity Stills for a new hope and I never had any idea it was him and not Prowse. And Kermit did not have a bodybuilders body or chest.

Agreed...a decent chunk of ESB featured this version of Vader [emoji23]
635691bf958e2e82ae941b73a3cb4f12.jpg

Man, if he had looked like this in all his scenes I think it would've been perfect. At least helmet-wise.

The face mask and dome are perfectly mated in this shot. Pure ANH.

e543e2de449bf2bdc53d12f3ab8416cb.jpg

Now if they had just toned down the redness of the eyes....

So is the consensus that they actually did CGI the inner robe over his chest armor?

That is a weird thing. Maybe they made the suit, and while shooting the movie they realized they were mistaking about the inner robe.
I don't know if it was an error from the CostumeDepartment or if it was a request from Edwards that occurred to change in post prod.

You're right, it looks closer to the ESB/ROTJ than anything else.

Something looks weird with the emitter shroud, though. Maybe it's just the pic. So much black, it's hard to tell what's what.

The emitter is heavily rusted. No proof the saber on the R1 visual dictionary is screen used. BUT the VD saber does have a weathered emitter... it seems the letter standings are missing though

02061d5a74ec8334f51946d75f43982a.jpg

Wow, it looks very much like the ESB/ROTJ saber in the condition it's in today! Grip screws, rusty shroud and all.

Meh, Vader's lightsaber changes from movie to movie, sometimes even from shot to shot. For me, this is an upside: something new to collect! But, then again I'm more of a glass half full kind of guy.

Basically the R1 saber is the same as the ESB/ROTJ hero, but with real world aging emulation and the post production screws!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back