Weird things in movies you always notice...

Another thing I always notice is bad mattes in older movies. Star Wars has fixed a lot of them, but not all. Or like the speeder bike chase in ROTJ, the actors are transparent in some shots. Same with parts of the Marshmallow man from Ghostbusters. I know it was a technical issue back then because of the technology, but it really sticks out to me.

ugh... that triggered a flash memory of a mic boom in shot and now I can't remember from where.

thanks ;o)

Anytime
48799852.jpg

:p

Whenever a blank has a FTE and the slide on a handgun doesn't fully go back into battery. Most recently noticed it with Bruce Willis in 16 blocks. The character will just stand there still aiming then it's magically fixed in the next edit. I'll ask the TV if he wants to clear that or what?

EDIT* Oh and when there's a gunshot, explosion, flashbang and they really hammer home that ringing. Yeah like my tinnitus doesn't **** me off already.

Last edited:
Since it was on just the other night...

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, during the entirety of the climax. The first time around, when they're leaving Hagrid's hut, it's starting to get dark out. The second time around, however, it looks like it's mid-afternoon.

When nighttime scenes are too clearly just day scenes color corrected to deep blue. e.g. Mad Max: Fury Road.

Back to the Future 2 is on tv right now. My fiance made a good point. In the future part, we see Marty's daughter, which is of course played by Michael J. Fox. Well, taking place in 2015, and the way things really are right now, maybe it was his son and he became a transgender and is now his daughter.... I know it wasn't intended to be like that, but it seems all the rage right now.
I told my fiance, now I can never watch that scene without thinking that.

Back to the Future 2 is on tv right now. My fiance made a good point. In the future part, we see Marty's daughter, which is of course played by Michael J. Fox. Well, taking place in 2015, and the way things really are right now, maybe it was his son and he became a transgender and is now his daughter.... I know it wasn't intended to be like that, but it seems all the rage right now.
I told my fiance, now I can never watch that scene without thinking that.

I'll never get why people want to dress in drag. I can't watch that scene at all because it ruins the entire movie. I don't find it funny either.
-edit PLEASE don't ruin this thread by trying to turn it into a social justice argument. I was obviously refering to michael j foxs performance. sigh. I put in a request to delete the two posts below if a mod would be so kind as to oblige.

Can you spot the movie error?
13138804_10154045057365211_5784341776025239890_n.jpg

Last edited:
Exploding cars when they're burning! Cars never explode in real life. And no, american cars don't explode either. :lol

Exploding cars when they're burning! Cars never explode in real life. And no, american cars don't explode either. :lol

...or, even if there is to be an explosion, it's a cheapo Hollywood explosion, where the doors, hood and trunk lid are rigged to fly open, and some flames tickle out. Um, no. :lol

This isn't specific to one movie but just what I notice in general. At night the streets are always wet and seat head rests are always removed in cars.

Like was mentioned earlier when the blanks mess up while firing guns , but mainly the? Bullet count . it used to be they used what I have heard referred to as a movie clip that never ran out. ( I don't want to hear about the magazine vs. Clip argument lol) now they seem to only load what blanks they will be firing in a scene, for safety I suppose. A lot of times someone will pull there! Gun and fire three times and you see it go to slide lock
( because it is empty in real life ) so they only loaded three bullets ? But it is usually fixed magically in the next fram just how they do film now . but the last Superman movie drove me crazy. A dude GATS shot down in his helicopter/plane whatever he was in gets out grabs his SMG and shoots about 7 bullets and his gun is empty. I was almost yelling at the screen . "why doesn't anyone load there guns in Hollywood anymore" lol

They have gone from every gun holds 1000 rounds to all guns hold 3 to 7 rounds max LOL

Hollywood Hacking.

Every time a character is furiously typing away on a keyboard and writing code on the fly, my computer nerd rage meter redlines. THAT IS NOT HOW HACKING WORKS!!!

Hollywood Hacking.

Every time a character is furiously typing away on a keyboard and writing code on the fly, my computer nerd rage meter redlines. THAT IS NOT HOW HACKING WORKS!!!

Or if they need to enter a password, the password field fills the whole screen. :lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back