Reznor9's Batsuit: Arkham Origins V3

Just a quick update. Finished the origins belt models and I'm pretty happy with how they have turned out.. Beginning to print the new buckle now.

Last edited:
Where did you learn to do all this modeling, it great :)

Sent From The Batcave

If I could take credit I would but I'm working with an amazing 3D artist on this build. He specializes in inorganic, mechanical designs like vehicles/spacecrafts but is enjoying the challenge of modeling these wearable accessories. So far he has not disappointed.

If I could take credit I would but I'm working with an amazing 3D artist on this build. He specializes in inorganic, mechanical designs like vehicles/spacecrafts but is enjoying the challenge of modeling these wearable accessories. So far he has not disappointed.
Vehicles you say? Hmm I may get him to design a batmobile [emoji1]

Sent From The Batcave

27197261484_611aa264f1_c.jpg

27197230684_98594750c3_c.jpg

Finally found a window to work on these as I haven't had any time as of late. Was finally able to take some sandpaper to it while I watched my kids swim yesterday. I think I'm going to try the XTC3D to see if it helps the remove the print lines out of the model.

27882128760_a7aaf17af7_c.jpg

I'm aiming to have my final V3 armor printed, molded and cast in urethane but I was commissioned to make a foam origins armor and thought I'd share my progress here. If you've followed my work previously you can see that I've edited my designs to further replicate the Neca figure and I'm pretty happy with the results so far... so I guess you can consider this a V2.5 :p

Since Batman is usually proportioned like a body builder, it tends to be hard to translate it to normal person size. The pecs and abs on yours look like they're the same proportion as the original design, so how do you usually try to go about sizing these? Do you just make the pecs the right width for the wearer and keep Batman's proportions for the abs, and then maybe just make the waist less narrow? Thanks for any insight. Your technique is top notch.

Since Batman is usually proportioned like a body builder, it tends to be hard to translate it to normal person size. The pecs and abs on yours look like they're the same proportion as the original design, so how do you usually try to go about sizing these? Do you just make the pecs the right width for the wearer and keep Batman's proportions for the abs, and then maybe just make the waist less narrow? Thanks for any insight. Your technique is top notch.

to be honest I don't find the chest and abs to be abnormally proportioned as much as the shoulders on the figure. His shoulders are just humongous. I was able to simply figure out the width I needed for my chest and after I built the chest I simply made the abs follow the figures specs. Now at this point it's pretty much a one size standard as I've allowed several friends and family members to try on the suit and they have not had issues with it. So as long as someone doesn't have abnormally small or large physique, I've found the suit to fit just fine.

to be honest I don't find the chest and abs to be abnormally proportioned as much as the shoulders on the figure. His shoulders are just humongous. I was able to simply figure out the width I needed for my chest and after I built the chest I simply made the abs follow the figures specs. Now at this point it's pretty much a one size standard as I've allowed several friends and family members to try on the suit and they have not had issues with it. So as long as someone doesn't have abnormally small or large physique, I've found the suit to fit just fine.

Awesome. Sounds like I'm just over thinking it then. That's cool to hear multiple people can wear it. Must feel pretty awesome for them to put it on.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back