Reznor9's Batsuit: Arkham Origins V3

Why not print a full inner section and hand guards separate and cast them then keep the top gauntlet part in plastic that way it's fully adjustable and the handguard can move with you to avoid getting in the way

Sent From The Batcave

Im actually going to try printing this as one piece. The clearance at the wrist will be somewhat oval in shape at about 2.8" x 3.2" roughly... it of course expands as it goes back towards the elbow... This won't fit tight, in fact it will have a bit of play in the gauntlet... Im then going to test what kind of soft foam fillers i can use to make it stay in place and comfortable to wear. Not sure if this is the best route to go, but this way will allow me to get the most amount of detail in my mold and keep it as a simple one piece...
The alternative is printing the bottom portion separate and using actual straps to tighten it against the forearm.. this will in theory allow for a more custom fit, but Im not sure if allowing the gauntlet some flex will warp its shape and cause the fins to look misaligned when the straps are pulled too tightly as I've experienced that with foam gauntlets.

Basically Im just going to try a couple different ways, weigh out the pros and cons and decide what works best.

Started a print with the lower portion of the gauntlet integrated/attached to the topside. Front piece finished but the back piece ran out of filament before he print was through. I'll have to reprint it again but I had enough to at least tape them together and test the fit on my arm. It feels good and doesn't look too shabby.
Click the image to view a short video of the piece.

Finally got my new spool of ABS and was able to reprint the back portion of my gauntlet. I welded the pieces together using some homemade ABS juice and sanded down the seam so everything is flush. Still a lot of work to do but really happy with how it's turning out so far.

here is a quick YouTube video to show the current state of the gauntlet.
https://youtu.be/bR9r4EV4Y0Q

image.png

Last edited:
Printing up the boot covers now. It's going to take days to print this thing in pieces big enough for my printer without the use of supports. But it will be worth it. Another 6 hours left on the knee and I'll work my way down.

You going to and some sort of hinge system to it or you going to cast it in urethane? Looking good

Sent From The Batcave

Will be casting them in urethane. probably as separate pieces and then gluing them together with some kind of epoxy.

Glued the knee pieces together and working on sanding down the seam. Currently printing the piece that goes between the knee and the shin piece.
Untitled by Jerry Adams, on Flickr

Last edited:
Will be casting them in urethane. probably as separate pieces and then gluing them together with some kind of epoxy.

Glued the knee pieces together and working on sanding down the seam. Currently printing the piece that goes between the knee and the shin piece.

[url]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7623/26863348830_9aae940ebc_c.jpg[/URL]
Looking good there mate you could back the pieces with fabric then use rivets si it moves the same as the game :)

Sent From The Batcave

Trying to keep from using bondo and was successful in filling the seam with my abs/acetone mixture and sanded it clean. Just put together the next piece and will sand that seam away later as I've other projects to work on at the moment. Currently printing the foot guard which will be done tonight. Afterwards I'll be printing up the shin guard in probably 3 pieces. So I've probably got another 3 or 4 days before I have all the pieces printed.

If you visit snakepit they have the ones they made for more reference or I'm sure if you asked around someone could do a game render :)

Sent From The Batcave

Just finished printing up all the pieces to my Arkham Origins boot covers and tried it on for size. I'm happy that I sized them correctly the first go around because it took forever to print all the pieces. Anyhow... I started the prep work on the knee to remove seam lines(the rest I digitally removed to get a feel of what it looks like)and have a lot of work ahead of me... unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to work on these as I'm swamped for the next week or two playing catchup on my commissioned work. So in the meantime I'll have to YouTube the hell out of how to do brush on molds and rotocasting.

27183904022_73aedc12f2_z.jpg

Im thinking of going gold on my belt.. made this for a customer and its the first time I've made it in gold and I just love the contrast and color. Im also thinking of redoing the belt models for additional detail and accuracy so we will see where that goes.

Decided to redo the buckle design. Was finished redoing and adding details to the original model when I noticed while playing Arkham Knight that the Arkham Origins Skin Pack has a slightly modified design on the belt buckle. The design was very much the same but had a couple subtle changes that made it a little sleeker and more sturdy looking. So I decided to go that route and have the buckle done in that style. Here is the current model as of now and although I'm pretty happy with it, I think I might still play with the bevels around the borders a bit more. Redoing the pouches and capsule too but this piece has the most noticeable differences.
last I'm thinking of having the belt itself rendered so I can cast the base out of resin or urethane. I'll have to play with the design to see which is the best route.

Last edited:
[url]https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7763/27005283920_211740de29_z.jpg[/URL][url]https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7209/27210695321_bc5624d216_z.jpg[/URL]

Just finished printing up all the pieces to my Arkham Origins boot covers and tried it on for size. I'm happy that I sized them correctly the first go around because it took forever to print all the pieces. Anyhow... I started the prep work on the knee to remove seam lines(the rest I digitally removed to get a feel of what it looks like)and have a lot of work ahead of me... unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to work on these as I'm swamped for the next week or two playing catchup on my commissioned work. So in the meantime I'll have to YouTube the hell out of how to do brush on molds and rotocasting.
Enjoying your thread is the shin and knee one peice

sent from samsung

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back