Too Many Lightsabers?

cayman shen

Master Member
I have eight lightsabers, and have been considering two more. That's it. Ten. Then my collection is complete.

Now, to some collectors, that's small potatoes. But I'm a major minimalist--lightsabers are practically the only frivolous thing I buy (no DVDs, CDs, etc) besides booze :rolleyes

My quandry: I want to build a custom case to display them, but my place is small, and ideally I'd like to have a case that holds six. And I don't want to pack things in...I want the display to look nice and uncluttered.

Would you keep some sabers in storage? If so, then why bother having something you can't see?

Would you sell some? I'm considering it--but they're all so purty (I do have one in the JY)...

Would you rotate your display (having some out for a month, then switching them for others?)

Any other clutter-haters have these kind of issues?

I avoid lightsabers for the fact that when people walk into my place I don't want them thinking I have an extravogant sex toy collection.

But I think a custom display piece would probably look best, you can rotate 'em out according to what suits you best that week...

I know it's almost to the point of being cliche now, but seriously consider getting a DETOLF from IKEA. First, they have a pretty small footprint at about 14" x 14". They're cheap, but look nice and now come in three different colors to match your decor. And, if you stack 'em right, you can get 8 lightsabers in one case, 10 if you use the top "shelf" which would be outside of the case.

Not sure how far up into NH you are, but the IKEA in Stoughton, MA isn't that far away from the southern part of the state.

fulldisplayuq6.jpg

How do you have the "steps" in each shelf set up to show both lightsabers? are the read sabers just set on an acrylic box, or do the shelves come that way?

How do you have the "steps" in each shelf set up to show both lightsabers? are the read sabers just set on an acrylic box, or do the shelves come that way?

I just took the lids off the cases and put the stands on top of the acrylic lids for the ones in the rear. Someday, when I have a chance, I plan on picking up some simple acrylic risers for them so I can put the case tops back on.

I avoid lightsabers for the fact that when people walk into my place I don't want them thinking I have an extravogant sex toy collection.

And yet I buy them for that very reason! ;)

Never too many!
I only have 65 (so far)...counting the 3 FX's and a couple stunts not pictured...

Juno....Fascinating... ;)

1005302ccrsaub3.jpg

I have about 20 and have slowed down. At this point, I'm getting into "duplicates" such as the various Luke ROTJ hilts and some pretty obscure ones. Fun collection to have.

I'd go a custom display case if it were me.

Here's my space-conscious wall display. It's homemade and not fancy, but does nicely show off 7 sabers in a minimal space.'

display1.jpg

I love lightsabers, even the ones I hate! I still have a few more to pick up, but I try to display them all.

Good luck!

Tom

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back