Star Wars Maquette Suggestions/Build

AlexHarris

Ok guys, so theres a contest Im entering and the deadline is 2 months away..... Im going to be sculpting a 1/6 scale maquette from star wars, and I am completely stumped with what to sculpt! So after awhile I thought, "Why don't I ask the RPF?!". So I pose this to you.... what character or (preferably) creature would you like to see sculpted at 1/6th scale from any of the star wars? Hopefully I will be starting this sculpt in a week, and I will post as many progress pictures and final results as possible. Thanks for looking, really excited to see what you think!

Hi A,

We all have different and varying ideas and opinions. I would approach it like this... create a sculpture that no one else has done but also holds some significance within the SW universe. Whether it be PT, OT or EPVII or the EU or even concept art.

Last edited:
good point sofaking!, I'm leaning towards the rancor...although it would be a huge undertaking in the 2 month build time. haven't seen anyone do a 1/6 rancor (2ft tall!)

good point sofaking!, I'm leaning towards the rancor...although it would be a huge undertaking in the 2 month build time. haven't seen anyone do a 1/6 rancor (2ft tall!)

BINGO! That sounds awesome! And if time allows... add the Gamorrean Guard, in the Rancor's hand, per aubs's suggestion. :)

I would say to stay away from anything mechanical and that has some fun texture, and maybe a unfamiliar character that isn't "cool" that you could make him look cool? I'm blabbing, just do what SofaKing01 said. lol
Make a Dengar figure that makes him SUPER cool looking, he's gonna be pretty popular next month.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back