New rogue one mp40 blaster

elro2k

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes the blaster in the hands of Ben Mendelsohn's character is an MP40 (or possibly MP38) based blaster. It's actually kind of funny they're putting so many new blasters based on WWII Guns in this new movie. Felicity Jones' Luger and now this one. Screen cap provided by userd1402

mp40.jpeg MP_40_AYF_3.JPG

So it's more of a pistol than anything else. It's a little hard to tell but the robes he's wearing makes it look like an extended barrel. It looks like the magazine well has been cut, but the start of the barrel is still there. The folding stock looks like it's been taken off too. It also looks like there is a scope on the body but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

A modified MP40 base/handle has been what I've been presuming it to be as well. Nothing else fits the general shape of it nearly as well.

A modified MP40 base/handle has been what I've been presuming it to be as well. Nothing else fits the general shape of it nearly as well.

Yeah it almost looks like they took they took the folding stock off an the indention from the swivel is still there.

Yeah it almost looks like they took they took the folding stock off an the indention from the swivel is still there.

Is there an indentation under the stock on any of the MP40s (or copies)? All of the pictures I've seen of MP40s with the stock folded out just have a flat panel underneath, so I figured that they cut the groove themselves.

I really dig that about the OT Star Wars props. So many props based on second WW era items. Just lent an air of believability while not making things look TOO much like something we'd have in our universe. So I'm glad they're going this route since this is a prequel movie.

Is there an indentation under the stock on any of the MP40s (or copies)? All of the pictures I've seen of MP40s with the stock folded out just have a flat panel underneath, so I figured that they cut the groove themselves.

Yes there is. I'm not sure if it is on all of them though. I have a feeling the one in the movie is a denix or airsoft, since those are cheaper than live fires.

Nostock.jpg

From what I've heard is that they almost never use real guns any more. It's probably an airsoft modified to flash a LED out of the barrel so the fx people have something to start with.

From what I've heard is that they almost never use real guns any more. It's probably an airsoft modified to flash a LED out of the barrel so the fx people have something to start with.

I'm sure we can find it out just like we did for the new Han Dl-44

Yes there is. I'm not sure if it is on all of them though. I have a feeling the one in the movie is a denix or airsoft, since those are cheaper than live fires.

View attachment 621151

Ah, the lower edge of that plate? That could be it. It looks to my untrained eye like it's a groove in the piece itself, but the positioning of that lower edge looks about right for it to be the lighting or paint work.

Makes sense. I think it's probably better for everyone if they aren't using real old firearms, particularly if they were in good condition. That stuff belongs in a museum :p

Makes sense. I think it's probably better for everyone if they aren't using real old firearms, particularly if they were in good condition. That stuff belongs in a museum :p

Very true. Especially when an original Mauser C96 is involved......

So I'm starting to think that they filled in the groove for the stock. I still can't tell if the groove is there or not

I'm liking the look of this as I can get a Denix MP40 in Oz so this may have to be put on the list....which is getting oh so long.

Gonna be hard building 5 or more props a year just from the Star Wars verse....and were getting a movie a year for how long ?...

I'm liking the look of this as I can get a Denix MP40 in Oz so this may have to be put on the list....which is getting oh so long.

Gonna be hard building 5 or more props a year just from the Star Wars verse....and were getting a movie a year for how long ?...

That's the best thing about Star Wars props. They clean out your wallet for you:lol

Really interesting thread! :) I started working on a Director Orson Krennic costume for the ROGUE ONE Premiere. Any news? Is anyone already working on the blaster? :)

I'm half tempted to start one! There's some pretty cheap airsoft MP40s on Amazon right now!

I also looked at amazon. But here in Germany, it isn´t that easy to get a cheap one. Most of them are for children and too small or have the wrong shape. I´ll keep on searching.

Fantastic pics! It looks a little bit like they took a softair MP40 and put on some 3D printed "greeblies", site-plates, etc.. I´m waiting for two really cheap softair MP40s, which I bought at amazon. I´ll see, what I´ll have to do, change... ;) Soon, I hope they will show us the blaster in higher resolution, without the holster.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back