Anovos Ghostbusters Proton Pack Kit

Having built a semi-hero Ghostbusters pack I can safely pass...for now...however I gotta admit its pretty nice looking prototype and the price isn't so bad.

However they really should label it Ghostbusters II same for the alice pack frame :lol

Just received that email as well...looks good. Yes GB2 pack but I like it. On fence planned to start one next year but this kit looks like there are metal components as well.

I think it's misleading to people who don't know the prop well enough and they need to give more detailed information before taking money.

Here's why I think it's misleading:
The "Completed Prototype Kit. Subject to Change" photos they posted include a top of the line hero style full custom welded aluminum thrower with all custom machined accurate metal knobs, real clippard valves, vintage hat lights, real metal heat sink, dry rub decails ect. Basically 100% screen accurate in terms of materials and parts used.

Then the description says
"Components are made from polyurethane, PVC, and ABS plastic"
So yea, they are showing pictures of an Anovos or Fan Made pack with a full hero accurate custom made metal thrower and then the description says it will be a plastic or resin kit. I think that is very misleading, especially to people who wouldn't know any better from the photos.

Keep in mind when you guys order, just the thrower (the gun) alone that they are showing you is a $700+ (materials and parts only cost) top of the line hero thrower, and not what will be included in the kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are people's experiences with the preorders? Do they tend to be close to on time? Are they dependable in quality?

Here's my concern: the average customer buys this and assembles it per the instructions. Is this guy going to be able to install the later offered electronics package AFTER the pack has been built? And what is THAT going to cost? Not to mention the skill level to build and install the electronics. Hell, I've been building props for 20 years and I STILL have issues soldering. Then buying the paint, glue, straps, everything needed to complete the pack. Now you're in for 1,000 bucks...and it still won't be 100 percent accurate.

Ive been sitting on the fence on doing a build for years. There are so many options out there. Im thinking this might be a good starter and then upgrade as I go, Sort of what I have been doing with my Fett. I just don't know. So perplexed.

I've built three proton packs and I've regretted not keeping one for myself. I got a little excited at first but I agree that this prototype shown is too good to be true for that price. I'll need to know more about this before I pull the trigger.

it looks real nice! i dont believe the picture shown is what you will end up getting for 600 bucks...

$600 from Anovos OR you can buy equal or better quality kits from the community that spent two decades doing the real research and hard work...and for slightly less than $600, if you shop around.

I'm not in favour of the Anovos GB gear at all. Master Replicas were going to do this a while back and dropped it because they were met with a massive backlash from the prop building side of the GB community - arguments about it undermining fan props, fears about clampdowns on fan made parts etc. Anovos are basically making a quick buck off the back of two decades' of other peoples' work, work that existed because Sony showed zero interest in putting any props out there. Except now Sony have a new GB movie out and are taking advantage of it to grant Anovos a licence to say 'Our stuff is 100% accurate and officially licenced!"

I would strongly urge anyone thinking of taking up GB props and costuming to NOT buy from Anovos but to stay within the GB community and support the prop builders and sellers that are its backbone.

$600 from Anovos OR you can buy equal or better quality kits from the community that spent two decades doing the real research and hard work...and for slightly less than $600, if you shop around.

I'm not in favour of the Anovos GB gear at all. Master Replicas were going to do this a while back and dropped it because they were met with a massive backlash from the prop building side of the GB community - arguments about it undermining fan props, fears about clampdowns on fan made parts etc. Anovos are basically making a quick buck off the back of two decades' of other peoples' work, work that existed because Sony showed zero interest in putting any props out there. Except now Sony have a new GB movie out and are taking advantage of it to grant Anovos a licence to say 'Our stuff is 100% accurate and officially licenced!"

I would strongly urge anyone thinking of taking up GB props and costuming to NOT buy from Anovos but to stay within the GB community and support the prop builders and sellers that are its backbone.

Well said. Always support the guys and girls who do this out of love for the subject over those just in it for the buck.

Yeah, that Got Maul ******* probably spent all those years in the Ghostbusters community just waiting to make a quick buck. How dare he go and start a business doing what he loves and actually get licenses to sell his products legally. Big dumb turd.

I have mixed feelings about the gbprop community because of my last build. but not with the people who sell the stuff to begin with. that's why I'll tend to stick with the fan made stuff to support them.

But, that's the risk you take in dealing with un authorized sales. Do you do it for the love of the project? Or do you do it for the fame, fortune and recognition?

Personally, I'd be happy that sony let them do it at all, and continues to let them do it at all. those who want higher quality will go to those who's passion is in the research.
those that want quick and easy and a bit more affordable, will go with anovos.

seems like a win win to me.

Anovos stuff is usually limited run anway, isn't it? Just like the Mattel Neutrino wand and trap and pke before it.. fly by night service, as the old expression goes.

Yeah, that Got Maul ******* probably spent all those years in the Ghostbusters community just waiting to make a quick buck. How dare he go and start a business doing what he loves and actually get licenses to sell his products legally. Big dumb turd.

There is a world of difference between GotMaul doing all he did as a member of the GB community and what he is now doing as a proper licenced business. If you can't see that then you need a reality check. There is a lot of pride in the GB prop building community, again due to the fact that they were 100% responsible for anything produced. Licenced props will always take away a little of that pride and Got Maul of all people should know that.

The Matty PKE was a different story because until that point, the PKE was a lesser seen prop because they were so pricey to make. The body shells became cheaper over time but only a few people offered electronics kits and they charged ridiculous three figure prices...so not many GBs could have a working PKE. Suddenly Matty come along with an accurate, functional PKE replica at $60? Of course it was acceptable, it was a no brainer! (And predictably it was the PKE electronics sellers who were the first to trash it ;) ). Same deal with the Trap, the accuracy and functionality that had, for only $130 was a godsend. True Matty dropped the ball with the Goggles and the Thrower...the Ecto-Goggles, that was around about the time they brought out that terrible Hoverboard (after the outgoing development team got Bob Gale in and a screen used board for measurements etc and then the new guys scrapped those measurements and did it their own way) so I'm thinking both properties were given over to the same group of inept Matty monkeys ;)

Last edited:
My only concern is the time frame...Shipping time frame given is an estimate only and is subject to change for any reason."" they are saying November... but is exact what they did with my Stormtrooper armour ... took a year.. yes a year since i paid the thing!. ( and still havent received the undersuit/gloves )
so i can see the same... about October they gonna start sending email with updates saying.. " due to big demand shipping times has changed .. will keep you update !"
and then nothing for a month ... and again and again ... we gonna end it out receiving this April next year .
what upset me is. they keep doing this PRE order stuff pushing us to buy .- but when we pushing them to deliver...no answer .

the kit looks fine.. but past experience with them make me say
"I've got a bad feeling about this"[/h]

No I agree. I've built a lot of my own Ghostbusters props and I could feel my pride slipping away before I even saw the Anovos kit posted.

And the matty stuff is obviously different, it was something I wanted so that's totally okay.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back