Anovos Ghostbusters Proton Pack Kit

Here's my concern: the average customer buys this and assembles it per the instructions. Is this guy going to be able to install the later offered electronics package AFTER the pack has been built? And what is THAT going to cost? Not to mention the skill level to build and install the electronics. Hell, I've been building props for 20 years and I STILL have issues soldering. Then buying the paint, glue, straps, everything needed to complete the pack. Now you're in for 1,000 bucks...and it still won't be 100 percent accurate.

Honestly it shouldn't be that difficult. The main electronics kit that the GB community uses today is solderless, and plug-n-play. The going prices right now is aout $50 for pack lights, $60 for thrower lights and about $60 for the sound card. They all plug into each other with ribbon cables.

so the frame needs to be buy separate? ..

Proton_Pack_01.jpgProton_Pack_02.jpgProton_Pack_03.jpgProton_Pack_04.jpgProton_Pack_05.jpgProton_Pack_06.jpg

I'm tempted to bite on this, because i've always been interested in owning one
but don't want to spend 10% of my life finding all the parts. At the cost I doubt it will have any metal pieces, but maybe it could be a fixer upper? Are there any all non metal kits already available so I can see how off it feels compared to the one pictured by anovos? I can tell they're showing a really good fan made one for illustrative purposes only.

Is anyone else seeing crazy shipping estimates on this item? I just costed out a pack kit plus frame and the UPS ground shipping to Texas would be $87... I don't know who does their fulfillment, but surely they can find a better deal!

I previously purchased their TK armor, and shipping for it along with another small item was <$30. A pack kit would take up less volume and shouldn't weigh much more either...

I have shipped multiple completed proton packs and that price is right in there. Given it will be in parts and the way postal rates have jumped, it's a fair estimate for postage.

Just read the first page and I have to say having been a long term member of the GB community, anyone that thinks this takes away from it is blind with pride and wants to keep that fandom to themselves. See that in many of the sci-fi communities when things get a little more mainstream, a terrible attitude and again, total BS.
Kits like this are done in a low amount for those who really want to have one but do not normally have the time or expertise. The reason this board and forum has existed, to provide a resource to those interested in props.
You will always find the snobs that don't want others to know or have what they have, again, pride and prejudice. True GB fans revel in building interest and having others enjoy what they have for long been able to.

Got Maul is also one of those original GB'rs that took the time to research and help the community to build their packs. One of the best of the best in the GB community, I can't think of too many better guy to help bring this about. Kudos to him and Avanos.

Last edited:
Got Maul is also one of those original GB'rs that took the time to research and help the community to build their packs. One of the best of the best in the GB community, I can't think of too many better guy to help bring this about. Kudos to him and Avanos.

Yeah, if anyone is doing this, I'm glad it's him.

The master REALLY looks like one of Playskools weathering/paint jobs.

I have shipped multiple completed proton packs and that price is right in there. Given it will be in parts and the way postal rates have jumped, it's a fair estimate for postage.

Just comparing the proton pack shipping cost to what they charged for the trooper armor, a 3x increase is baffling. Yes, rates have increased in the year since that kit was offered, but not by that much, and companies typically get a sort of bulk discount from private carriers, no?

Ah, ok, it looks like they are aware of the problem... on their facebook page, some international customers were seeing a 5x increase in shipping estimate for the TFA trooper kit over their ANH trooper kits:

ANOVOS We agree that shipping rates are not what they should be and are investigating other options.

I do think it will be a nice kit, though I wish they would provide brass fittings (comments on the facebook page indicate they probably will not).

The weight is partially the cost but the main bulk of the cost is the dimensions. :) It's a large piece and you pay penalties in shipping for such.

It costs $1000 to ship it internationally to me. so $640 becomes $1640. A 3ft x 3ft x 3ft 55lb box cost me $300, last huge thing I got.

Definitely keeping an eye on this thread. Been after a good and accurate gb1 pack for a while now. Thankfully now I know enough to pass on the Anovos.

Having been in the GB community for more than a decade, I can say with experience and knowing who is working on these that this should be a very good kit to work with.
You would be wrong to pass on this. Got Maul produced the best shells offered in the GB community.

In a moment of weakness, I preordered one with the Ghostbusters Day code as well....

Not sure how to tell my wife.

just went to Anovos for their SW goodies and saw this proton pack. I'm not a huge GB fan but for $600 seems like a decent price.

I'll wait till you guys get these in hand, would like to see if they came out

If anyone wants, I will offer to pop it together for the cost of an additional Avonos kit so I can build one for myself. I have built 6 packs myself and sold here, three using Got Maul's shells. I can do the electronics as well with both light and sound if wanted. I also have extra sets of stickers here already to make sure these get the full detailing. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back