Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

Thanks. I just looked at kit scans and it looks the same as a Tiger. In reality they used the same engines too. I might be seeing a shadow where it looks different, which might explain it.

There's a similar crane to the red part on the Airfix Ark Royal, it's not it, but it's maybe in that direction.
I checked the other Airfix kits I have but no luck.

It's funny how much they pulled from the 25 PDR! I don't know the part in red though. I'm assuming it's a ship crane(focusing on Airfix now). Just haven't found the right one yet!

View attachment 627135

My guess is that it's not a Tamiya or Airfix kit and is one of the others present in the kit stack image on the previous page. I couldn't find a scan of the Fujimi Hiei, Revell "Battle of Midway" Carrier (confusing ship that seems to release under different names, not sure if same molds), or Hasegawa Tirpitz. So I haven't been able to check those. And I cannot identify the kit above the Fujimi Iowa in his image. Any help on that one would be nice, thanks.

part_zoom1.jpgpossible_match.png

Any thoughts on this piece from the Tamiya 1/25 SU100 being the correct part on the Y's right side here? Maybe it's trimmed?

And could someone clarify which Morgan part (or brand) I am looking for in post #103?

LS 1/16 Morgan plus 8.

I don't know the part numbers. But the larger piece sits atop the engine.

d8833acb4797a3541c4a738800b225e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Here it is Big Dog. It looks like the correct size in proportion to the Morgan part in the upper left.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 2.02.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 2.02.01 PM.png
    375.8 KB · Views: 225

I see it now thank you. The end of the canister is what threw me off initially but it does seem right, especially after looking closer at the nozzle end and seeing it's a bit wider than I remembered which matches just right with the piece on the Y.

And could someone clarify which Morgan part (or brand) I am looking for in post #103?

Sure. Just ask the poster. I've added the exploded view of the instruction sheet too, hope that helps.

I even circled the general area in blue.

I should note there are other parts on top of it. I don't know what they are though.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I posted this earlier in the wrong forum, and have been told this is the one: Can any of you who are way ahead of me (i.e., all of you) CONFIRM OR DENY: I've collected 50+ kits for building a studio scale Y-Wing, identified most, but having a hard time confirming or denying whether the following are actually in/on the Y-Wing. Can anyone Confirm or Deny the following: 1/72 Hasegawa GMC CCKW-353 Gasoline Truck 1/72 Tamiya Vosper Fast Patrol Boat 1/200 Nichimo Submarine T-19 The Yamato -- it's there, but which one is it: 1/500 scale, 1/600 scale, or 1/700 scale? (I'm under the impression that it's 1/500) AMT 1/24 Fruehauf Tanker (on the Y-Wing, or only on the Falcon?) AMT 1/24 Kennwort Aerodyne (same question - Y-Wing or Falcon only?) Bandai 1/48 Cessna, Piper Super Cub 18, and Beech Bonanza V35 -- got all three, but WHAT parts (if any) are used from them? In several cases, I seem to be running into what I would call "suitable alternates/substitutes" for when the true original greeblies can't be found. Any help appreciated. Thanks, SK

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you say which of the Y-Wings you are looking for confirmation about? Each Y is different, and there are numerous threads detailing some of those differences.

In this thread we are looking specifically at Red Jammer. Adam Johnsons summary is a good source of info to answer the question.

Last edited:

Yeah "Red 2" is an X-Wing miniature...

- - - Updated - - -

And guys, please don't feed the sock-puppets and trolls around here...just put them on ignore.

Im confused guys, in this thread you're refering to Red 2 every time, however Red is a X-wing not a Y-Wing, the Ys are "Gold-something" but the red one known here as "Red Jammer", did I miss something ?

Nope. Only me having the part maps page in front of me, and typing what I was looking at, as opposed to what I knew. Now corrected.

Back_Underside_Revised.png

Finally noticed more Sherman parts. And I split it up some for simplicity sake. I can post the other half later.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back