Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

Thanks for all those part callouts everyone! Many of those kits aren't ones I knew were used on the Y. I hadn't seen any talk of monogram or heller kits used before. The phantom landing gear is also used on the left side of the red jammer almost beneath the wing. I cannot remember if I have called that piece in any images I've posted. This is all coming along nicely!

Big Dog and Scott Graham,
Great job on your color coding of the parts.
All pages have been updated with your photos.

To all others (to many to mention),
Thanks for all the part call outs and assistance in identifying them.

I am not good at what all of you are doing. I am however glad that everyone here has come together as a team. Keep up the great work and let me know if I missed anything for the pages at the start of this thread.

This is such a wonderful thread, I am following it with great joy. The Y-wing has been shrouded with mystery and, dare I say, even jealousy at times.

I have some notes on the parts, it's not very comprehensive list, sourced from RPF threads with pen and paper a couple of years ago. When I have a moment's peace from work, I'll try to compare my notes to see if I can contribute in any way.

There is one from the top of my head, however, that I didn't see in earlier posts. A small detail, but a detail nevertheless. The tiny landing gear on top of Gold Leader and on the bottom of the Y in Jason's reference photo is from 1/72 Airfix Focke Wulf Fw189, part #55, if I'm not mistaken.

I can confirm that. I just got the kit yesterday and that's the part. I seem to be doing ok with some smaller parts so far, and not so good with some of the biggies. Does anyone know what the big rectangular blocky part that goes under the wings? It doesn't even look like a kit part. :)

I'm happy to help by putting some colored maps together :) I'm not finding new information myself by any means, just gathering what I've found and what everyone has shared in this thread and various ones over the years. Image 2 of Page 5 has the Airfix Harrows piece, the Airfix BF109 propeller covering, and i cant remember the plate beneath it but I have it written down. Also a vent from the 1/72 Sherman and plenty of other ones I cannot remember. When I have time away from exam studying this weekend I will color some more maps. And the image on Page 4 of the left engine has the assembly being offered by Moffeaton. I'm not familiar which parts are which though I saw a Hummel part mentioned on it. (I don't have a scan for that kit so I can't confirm which is from it).

Does anyone know what the big rectangular blocky part that goes under the wings? It doesn't even look like a kit part. :)

Do you mean this part?

block.jpg

1/9 Kettenkrad

The kettenkrad part is cut from the same larger assembly that the 8rad come from, This is the Falcon inner jaw box detail plates. Nichimo Jagdtiger track links are glued on the kettenkrad part.

I've been wondering if this is the same part minus Nichimo detail in Jason's greeblie green pack?
parts.jpg

Trimmed from this 1:700 Tamiya Enterprise part, perhaps? No?

Tamiya Enterprise 1-700.jpg

Kit scans is a wonderful thread but to my untrained eye it is difficult to estimate the scale of an individual part. I have found some thru it, though, which is brilliant.

It's from a ship. ;)

Trimmed from this 1:700 Tamiya Enterprise part, perhaps? No?

View attachment 621966

Kit scans is a wonderful thread but to my untrained eye it is difficult to estimate the scale of an individual part. I have found some thru it, though, which is brilliant.

I would say that's it. Thanks, I've racked my brain trying to figure that one. I was too consumed with Airfix for ships and Tamiya for vehicles.

Started some of the new page maps, was sent info for many of the 1st images findings:
ChXuWYN.jpg

TpBAL4d.jpg

Revision of one added part here:

It's eating at me what the rectangular grid on the right is from. I searched through most all of the tamiya waterline scans and didn't catch it on my first go through. Many pieces came close, but none I saw were spot on.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back