Snowden (Post-release)

Re: Snowden

I hope he finds, LaFawndun,
he reminds me of Kip.
latest

Though the movie does look good.

I notice the voice is less obvious towards the end of the trailer.

Re: Snowden

Yeah.... just like Stone's World Trade Center movie, the two recent Steve Jobs movies, The Fifth Estate and The Social Network: Hurry, hurry to profit on retelling recent events before people forget about them!. :rolleyes

I haven't watched an Oliver Stone film since Alexander. How someone can take one of the most fascinating military minds ever and make a deadly dull slog of a movie out of it, I've no idea.

He's a traitor! And I hate JGL :p
I Agree....to make a movie about a Traitor to me especially doing what he did....I hope the movie flops!!!!!....We may not all agree to everything that our country does but I feel(ex military) that some things are needed and most people don't need to know! what the government,cia etc... does, if you think were the only country doing this you Blind,Deaf and Dumb.....

Communist Russia spied on it's own citizens.
Nazi Germany spied on it's own citizens.

Would you say we're in good company?
...No...but with what our country does( CIA,HOMELAND ETC..)....there is a certain amount of Security involved with it, if it stops just one Terroist from carring out his or hers attack then I feel that its worth it......

So the ends justify the means for you? (to be clear, I dont care if that -is- your stance, I'm just trying to understand)

anyways.....

Honestly.. I hope its a good movie. (but doesnt look to exciting from the commercials so far)..

I also feel bad for our military people, 'acting on orders' (ie: being loyal/patriotic in their minds).. but still doing illegal things. (slippery slope there)

(Nazi's were 'just following orders' too) <-- and now after the fact thats a laughable excuse!

I think its a complete JOKE.,. that they want to charge him for 'not following the rules'.. when they (government) do not either.

I'm glad he did it, and I hope others follow suit.

"The people shouldnt fear the government, the government should fear the people"

Keep them honest/transparent.

Last edited:
All I'll say on the matter is that when your own government will go so far out of it's way to violate constitutional rights while denying it the entire time yet nobody has been held accountable but that same government will stop at nothing to jail the the person who exposed them..... Houston, we have a problem. Right now there is a politician who purposefully put U.S. national security at risk to hide God only knows what and well... cough cough...cough cough cough cough....cough cough...cough cough.. faints.

Each of you have been given unalienable rights to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are created by you, and gain their powers from your consent.

Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.

When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Last edited by a moderator:
I worry that the movie is woefully inaccurate given that Stone did such a hatchet job with JFK, i don't doubt he's got an agenda he's pushing with this movie.

After Oliver Stone had made JFK, he made the TV mini-series "Wild Palms" set in the future. In that series, there is a TV interview of Oliver Stone having him comment on secret papers having been revealed, that had confirmed his theories from his (then) old movie ...
So, yeah ... That man has hubris for sure.

Back on topic: I have already seen the Oscar-winning documentary Citizenfour on TV where Snowden was filmed while fleeing and getting stuck in Moscow when it happened.
I don't need to pay for a movie ticket to see dramatizations of the events when I have already seen the real events for free.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back